Anybody just back off the Summit?

puggylicious

I would love to hear about your experiences on the Summit. What time did debarkation begin when you arrived in Bayonne. What side of the ship was along the pier in Bermuda? Anything you would like to share would be appreciated.

Just back. Bayonne was really good. Everyone kept telling me how bad it was going to be but it went quite smooth. We were off at 8:15, onto a quick bus ride to the luggage, picked up the luggage, no line at customs. Whole process took about 15 minutes. Biggest decision was to take a very expensive cab ride ($50) or a shuttle for ($13 ea). We opted for the cab because it was simpler. At the airport by 9:00 am. No lines at the airport. We able to get on an earlier flight.

We were the only ship in Bermuda. The other dock is still not finished so not sure what would have happened if there was another one.

Biggest decision was to take a very expensive cab ride ($50) or a shuttle for ($13 ea). We opted for the cab because it was simpler. At the airport by 9:00 am. QUOTE]

When you say airport... are you talking about Newark?

We also just departed the Summit on Sunday. Disembarkation went very smoothly. We were off by 8:30, immediately shuttled to our luggage where a porter was waiting and took us promptly through customs and off to the taxi stand. Less than 15 minutes in all.

The taxi price for Newark airport is $50. Not sure what the charge is for NY airports.

I hope beachfanatic made out better than us. I was quite upset that they put two parties in one cab, each paying $50. and even though it was a small van, I ended up having to sit with a piece of luggage on my lap.

We had a wonderful back to back cruise, the Summit and her officers, staff and crew were amazing. We also found the ship to be in tiptop condition despite having read several negative comments prior to boarding. We enjoyed the ship so much that we booked another Summit sailing for next month.

We are also just back off the Summit. Best cruise ever! Re: carrying your luggage off - we filled out the form to do this but were told our flight was too late (12:10) for early embarkation. Even so, debarkation was very organized and we were off the ship with plenty of time to spare. Unfortunately there was no earlier Southwest flight available. We also took a cab to Newark Airport and did not have to share due to having three large pieces of luggage.

Archived