Twin beds convert to King or Queen?

I remember the twins converting to a King, and that's the option on my Cruise Manager. However the description of our cabin says twins convert to a Queen. Which is it?

Ours felt like a Queen with a hump down the middle.......lol

it says the two "twins" convert to a king, but I've laid on a "twin" in our connecting room, and the twin beds aren't a real twin bed (they are smaller), but I guess because they are single beds, they call them twins ... so technically they actually make a queen - it definitely isn't a king (I sleep on a king every night).

Definitely not a Queen, but also not a true King either. The Carnival twins are 33" wide, instead of the standard 36. Singles are smaller than 33", so they are not singles. The 2 twins pushed together makes for a 66" wide bed when pushed together. Queens are 60" wide, Kings are 72" wide (some are wider than 72). So it's halfway between a Queen & King. I guess that would be a Quing or a Kween.

If that's a deciding factor shop elsewhere? Whatever you have will spread apart in the middle of the night and suck someone into the crack!

That being said I am a pillow and sheets snob and after 9 nights at sea they were actually darn comfortable. Off to sleep in mine and compare.

Definitely not a Queen, but also not a true King either. The Carnival twins are 33" wide, instead of the standard 36. Singles are smaller than 33", so they are not singles. The 2 twins pushed together makes for a 66" wide bed when pushed together. Queens are 60" wide, Kings are 72" wide (some are wider than 72). So it's halfway between a Queen & King. I guess that would be a Quing or a Kween.

Now that is a definitive answer. Well done.

I just went through this research for my cabin. On the Carnival site it says Queen for my cabin so I asked my PVP to find out for sure and he emailed the head of housekeeping who told him there were some rooms that had queen beds but they are now phased out in favor of the bigger beds they call king size. This is on the Victory.

I just went through this research for my cabin. On the Carnival site it says Queen for my cabin so I asked my PVP to find out for sure and he emailed the head of housekeeping who told him there were some rooms that had queen beds but they are now phased out in favor of the bigger beds they call king size. This is on the Victory.

Yes. I used to notice that there were a few rooms on some of Carnival's ships that had a Queen bed. As far as I understand it, that bed could not be separated into 2 smaller beds. It was just a queen bed. I'm not sure if there are any of those left now, as you said. I forget what symbol was used for those in the deck plans. It was either the infinity sign (sideways 8) or the X. I cannot find a legend anywhere anymore for the symbols.

That explains it nicely, and why there has been such confusion. Thanks!

lol

Archived