Vancouver to LA - Disembarkation Longer?

cruzluvr2

We will be taking the Star Princess from Vancouver to LA on Wine Country Coastal. This particular sailing leaves from Vancouver with a stop in Victoria before visiting US ports. Does anyone have experience with how customs is handled? Will we go through customs at our first US port? Also do you think

disembarkation will take longer upon arrival in LA since that will be the first arrival after the Alaska season?

I'm trying to decide if I think I can make a noon flight. Princess says not to make flights before 12:30.

Thanks for any input anyone can offer.

Gail

...got off the ship this morning in LA. All passengers will clear US immigration at your first US port of call which was Seattle for us. When we disembarked in LA it was as simple as handing in a completed US customs form. Quite painless, actually. Taxis to LAX are flat-rate @ $59 regardless of the number of passengers, too. Took about 45 minutes once we left the port area around 730 am...not bad for Monday morning traffic.

...got off the ship this morning in LA. All passengers will clear US immigration at your first US port of call which was Seattle for us. When we disembarked in LA it was as simple as handing in a completed US customs form. Quite painless, actually. Taxis to LAX are flat-rate @ $59 regardless of the number of passengers, too. Took about 45 minutes once we left the port area around 730 am...not bad for Monday morning traffic.

Thanks for the quick response!

When I did the Sapphire Princess southbound coastal repo a couple of years ago, they actually had customs officers board the ship at San Francisco and set up in various places , and cleared everyone through customs that way. To be honest, it was kind of a mess, since they didn't make clear that all passengers needed to go through before anyone would be allowed to disembark, and as a result they had to cancel the Alcatraz shore excursion I had planned that day because they didn't let people off until after the scheduled departure time.

Archived