April 15th, 2006 - Should there be alot of young kids?

MiffyLynx

I don't mind kids on the cruise, some make it amusing. But I'm not wanting 1/3 the ship to be kids, either. April 16th is Easter. In my area, grade school kids get the week before Easter off. I don't mind the college kids.

I don't mind kids on the cruise, some make it amusing. But I'm not wanting 1/3 the ship to be kids, either. April 16th is Easter. In my area, grade school kids get the week before Easter off. I don't mind the college kids.

Expect a good number of kids. Which ship are you considering?

we are going on the conquest that week. The catholic teacher's convention is going to be that week and our school is off the whole week so the teachers can attend. That being said, our last cruise was during Christmas and there were alot of kids. I never had saw any problems with the kids. Camp carnival kept them busy. They even kept them up all night on new years eve and away from the adults that were drinking and being unruly.

Oh Yea Lots of Kids!!!! This is why we are doing a group cruise for familys and kids !!! We'll be on the Triumph so try to direct familys who want to cruise with Kids over to us!!! Maybe we can take some of the kids from your sailing..lol.. We had about 1300 kids from age 1 - 19 :eek: on our last April 16th cruise!!! This year we are going on the 15th also!!!:)

I don't think you'll run into too many college kids, as their spring break is typically earlier. With that being Easter week, I would say that yes, you will have lots of younger kids onboard. We sailed one time the week after Easer, and it was worse than spring break time. BTW, our schools have from Good Friday through the next week after Easter off. We're from New Jersey.

If you can change your plans, I would go with the week following the Easter week break.

I don't think you'll run into too many college kids, as their spring break is typically earlier. With that being Easter week, I would say that yes, you will have lots of younger kids onboard. We sailed one time the week after Easer, and it was worse than spring break time. BTW, our schools have from Good Friday through the next week after Easter off. We're from New Jersey.

If you can change your plans, I would go with the week following the Easter week break.

All of April is full of kids due to the diffrent times kids are out of school, around the country.. Last 2 weeks in March are the same..:D

Thanks for all the responses. I know that our school kids get a week in February & the week before Easter. I was hoping that would be the case, but no such luck. We were offered a great deal on the Glory sailing. But 1300 kids would be too much for me. We'll keep looking.

Thanks for all the responses. I know that our school kids get a week in February & the week before Easter. I was hoping that would be the case, but no such luck. We were offered a great deal on the Glory sailing. But 1300 kids would be too much for me. We'll keep looking.

I doubt there will be 1300..maybe half that. In the summer the highest it usually gets is 1000 kids.

Archived