Cave tubing and claustraphobia

TSUmom

My DH really wants to cave tube and I am considering it but I am very claustrphobic. I won't even get in an elevator if there are more than 4 people in it. No fears of water but the combination of being enclosed, dark and lack of fresh air makes me panic (also why we don't book inside cabins;)) Has anyone had problems doing the cave tubing? I know most people just don't understand, including my DH but I hope someone can relieve my fear and I will do it. I am afraid of heights too but I zipline and parasail - heights don't give me that feeling of panic and I know I have fresh air to breathe. Thank you for any replies.

It is a very peaceful excursion. I am not claustrophobic-----but the cave is not small--it is a big, wide, fairly high ceilings-- cave! And yes it is dark--BUT one wears a light that is attached to ur helmet, so your not in total darkness, and the air is fresh!

thank you both for your replies - I will give it a try. I never thought I would parasail or zipline, or hike to the bottom of a volcano in Hawaii and I did so why not float through caves. I was just afraid it would be some small narrow cave but now i will do it....I think...No, I will!!! Thank you again and I am sure my DH will thank you too when I tell him:)

Archived