"Writeratsea"

Are we there yet?

I have been reading a lot of your posts and find you very informative. We have a 5 night cruise booked for next May (2 couples), and wondered if you might give some advice on what not to miss, best golf course for the men, anything that you would do on your first visit. Any information would be very much appreciated.:) Thank you!

Carol

I would suggest for the golf course the Port Royal GC home of the PGA Grand Slam. It is the closest GC to where you will be docked.

What not to miss - Horseshoe Bay Beach, historical St George, the Unfinished Church in SG, Crystal & Fantasy Caves, BUEI (Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute), Bermuda Maritime Museum, Fort Hamilton, climb Gibbs Lighthouse for great views.......... there is much more but you have a very limited time in Bermuda.

If you want more there is a recent thread - What are your MUST DOs on Bermuda...

You may want to consider taking a private tour which will give you the best chance of seeing the island. You can design your own tour or let the driver/guide show you his Bermuda. There is a current thread titled - Bermuda private guides which has names, contact info and CC member comments on many guides.

Writeratsea does post here, but I would not consider him to be a regular participant on the Bermuda forum.

SBtS

SailBadtheSinner (very interesting name btw!), I can't thank you enough for all the information you posted. I have bookmarked all of them and printed off a 13 page information sheet that has info from you as well called 'Bermuda things to do".

I found writeratsea from an old post after doing a search for something and he seemed to know quite a lot about Bermuda.......as do you from what I can see.

It seems that once you go to Bermuda you can't wait to go back. My dh had a job if he wanted 30 odd years ago at the Marriott Harbour Castle hotel that is now demolished. Thank goodness he didn't take it as we would be married to other people now, but this will be his first time back since then, and mine and the other couples first time ever. We are very much looking forward to it.

I like the idea of the private tour, and will mention that for sure to our companions.

Thanks again

Carol :)

Archived