Decorating doors

DarceyJK

Hi - It will be our 20th Anniversary on July 4th and we are booked on the Jewel to Alaska. Does anyone know if the Jewel's cabin doors in the Haven are metal? I want to hang an Anniversary sign! Thanks!

Sad but it happen's, i did my door along with the other 3 rooms in a row that we had and during the night someone took it off the door and walked away with them, i called the desk and after a couple of calls to different people i finally found someone at the desk to look on the cameras and find who took them, they went right to the room and a young teen thought they were nice so it was their's for the taking "they thought" Secruity would not say who they were but we got our wreaths of straw hats back! You would think their parents would think where they came from:mad:

Sad but it happen's, i did my door along with the other 3 rooms in a row that we had and during the night someone took it off the door and walked away with them, i called the desk and after a couple of calls to different people i finally found someone at the desk to look on the cameras and find who took them, they went right to the room and a young teen thought they were nice so it was their's for the taking "they thought" Secruity would not say who they were but we got our wreaths of straw hats back! You would think their parents would think where they came from:mad:

Wow - that's awful! Sorry to hear that. Ya gotta wonder, sometimes, what the parents are thinking, right?

I want to hang something on a door as well. I assume that I would use magnets to hang the poster as I assume you are not allowed to use tape. Is this correct?

I'm just off the Gem. I used double sided tape with no issue. Just peeled it off the last night when I took the decorations down.

I would have been ALL over that, if one of my teens showed up with something like that. Then again, my teens wouldn't have done it. Some people have no sense of right and wrong.

DML

We used magnetic plastic letters and lights. The lights we scotched taped around the door. The butler for the suites near us said if there were kids on board they would be gone:( We were in a regular inside room on the Jewel.

We used magnetic plastic letters and lights. The lights we scotched taped around the door. The butler for the suites near us said if there were kids on board they would be gone:( We were in a regular inside room on the Jewel.

Lights - Awesome idea! Where did you plug them in?

We got battery operated blinking lights. They were dragonflys from Odd Lots maybe 6 feet long. We rested the battery pack on the do not disturb wheel. In the 17 days we went through 3 sets of batteries, we turned them off when we went to bed or left the ship. All but one set were used from the camera first.

We got battery operated blinking lights. They were dragonflys from Odd Lots maybe 6 feet long. We rested the battery pack on the do not disturb wheel. In the 17 days we went through 3 sets of batteries, we turned them off when we went to bed or left the ship. All but one set were used from the camera first.

Brilliant! I love it. Thanks for sharing.

DML

Of all the cruise's i have been on that was the first time someone did that, in fact one time on the Dawn it was for Halloween, we had two door's with decorations and had long strips of lollipops hanging on the door for anyone to help themselves, everyone thought that was great and helped themselves to one at a time, which was very nice. There are all kinds of people in this world, thank goodness there are more decent then not

Wow, I'm actually surprised security did that for you! I wonder how much time they spent searching?

Mus admit I've never seen decorated doors.

Love the idea.

Might have to get creative next cruise. It may be a Christmas New year one so lots of scope for creativity.

Thanks for the idea.

Magnets didn't work on the 12th deck of the DAWN....I had to use tape. This was SJ suite 12018 Magnets did work on doors on other decks on the DAWN.

Good to know. Thanks much!

DML

Archived