Cunard Ship Upgrades

DDBINK1

For everyone's information...... I hope I'm following in the spirit of the jocular trend of this thread for those who may think I might be trying to stir things up....

Heather,

Wasn't sure what you were writing about 'the spirit of the jocular trend' of the thread, so went back and re-read. So I will enter into the spirit by suggesting my #1 wish:

I would like to see a moving reversible sidewalk (hereafter referred to as 'the plank') installed at the entrance of all dining rooms. This would be put in use, when a male (of any age, unless he is still in diapers -and that doesn't include depends), attempts to enter a dining room wearing a garment referred to as a 'muscle shirt, underwear shirt, i.e. 'showing off my long-ugly-disgusting- hairy underarms' shirt.) He should IMMEDIATELY be made to walk 'the plank'.

Sir, you may have the best biceps, you may have them glistening to perfection, they may be your pride and joy and focus of your life, but please if you insist on showing them off by dressing in your jockey shirt to attend a dinner in a very beautiful dining (shoot, to attend a meal anywhere where food is served) please shave your arm pits! If I wanted to look at body hair while eating, I would set up a table in front of a cage at a zoo. At least, those hairy fellows are cute.

Cunard...be warned....when other lines have relaxed their standards to "just wear you want" ... this is what some people want to wear to dinner.

A classy room, a classy waiter....and not so classy passenger.

So 'the plank' is my foremost request for any addition to a ship.

best regards,

seasidegal.

Morning Heather, (good afternoon, to you)

There was a short line (can't say what they were in line about). I was very anxious to find out if it had been turned in so the line 'seemed' to move slow, but not anxious to admitting that I was 'absence-minded' enough to leave a new computer under a table. :eek:

Re Honesty: I believe most people are honest and would do their best to return lost objects. Of course, it is wonderful to find out that that belief is backed up by the fact of your lost object being returned to you.:)

Very happy, also, your watch was returned to you!

Hope you are having a good day in beautiful Edinburgh,

seasidegal

Yes...I was in the queue for the shuttle bus on the dock when I found my watch was missing from my wrist...went back onboard ...asked at the desk...no one had handed it in, thought it was a "gonner".

But they had taken my details at the desk and I was delighted to hear from them later the same day saying it had been found onboard and handed in..just come to collect it.It was a very distinctive watch so it was easy for me to describe and for them to confirm it was my lost watch before they gave it back to me.

I was unable to get the name and cabin number of the kind person who did that so to thank them personally I wrote a note "to whom it may concern" and asked the staff on the desk to forward it to them on my behalf. I didn't want them to think I was ungrateful but had no control over getting that message back to them on my own. I hope they got the note but I never found out.

Kindness deserves to be acknowledged.

BTW I liked your vision of "the Plank!"

Yes...I was in the queue for the shuttle bus on the dock when I found my watch was missing from my wrist...went back onboard ...asked at the desk...no one had handed it in, thought it was a "gonner".

But they had taken my details at the desk and I was delighted to hear from them later the same day saying it had been found onboard and handed in..just come to collect it.It was a very distinctive watch so it was easy for me to describe and for them to confirm it was my lost watch before they gave it back to me.

I was unable to get the name and cabin number of the kind person who did that so to thank them personally I wrote a note "to whom it may concern" and asked the staff on the desk to forward it to them on my behalf. I didn't want them to think I was ungrateful but had no control over getting that message back to them on my own. I hope they got the note but I never found out.

Kindness deserves to be acknowledged.

BTW I liked your vision of "the Plank!"

Heather,

Very happy you did finally get re-united with your watch! :)

I know from your past-posts re: tipping and white star cards that you are the kind of person who goes out of their way to acknowledge the staff and give thanks where thanks is due.

That is a wonderful trait to have.

Can't wait to get back to your beautiful city, one our favorite,

best regards,

seasidegal

On last weeks stop at Hamburg all engines had been shut down for maintenance after docking and one or both turbines provided all electricity at least until noon. So there is a redundant electricity supply if the computers don't fail.

Archived