Sapphire Mini Suite Question

alexis0414

My husband and I just booked a mini suite, cabin D200 for the 10/22 sailing. My cousin has the cabin next to us, D202. Can anyone give me any feedback on the location of these mini suites? I've seen various comments about uncovered balconies vs covered balconies. I have no idea which our is. Thanks.

We haven't sailed the Sapphire as of yet, but many of the other Grand Class we have. By the deck plan it looks like the Sapphire is just a carbon copy of other ships like the Grand and Star Princess. D200 and D202 are towards the front of the ship (deck plans are available at www.princesscruises.com just click on 'ships' at the top and choose the Sapphire and then click on deck plans).

Since the Grand Class ships are all pretty much the same, I will tell you that the only covered mini suites on this class of ship would be located towards the aft on the Emerald deck. All of the rest are completely exposed to the sun and decks above.

Personally, we don't like the cabins that far forward as most things are located midship and towards the aft. But whatever location you like is what is important.

Enjoy your cruise.

Hi,

I just got off the Sapphire minisuite D203 starboard side forward. I believe you are on the portside forward. Decks are completely uncovered, but I never felt that we were being watched. I also thought we had a better view having no ceiling to block the view. It was a great room. Two tvs a big bed (two twins if want that instead). THe tub was nice too! Felt very roomy. You'll be very comfortable. I spent sometime on the aft of the ship. I felt that part of the ship shuderred too much. The forward was fine and we weren't far trom the elevators or stairs. Hope this helps.

Thanks to both of you for your responses. I think we'll keep the current cabins and see what happens. We're treating ourselves to the mini-suite this time around and I'm sure we'll all be happy. As long as we're cruising vs working, how bad could it be. This cruise will be my 19th. Thanks again.

alexis0414

Archived