Grandeur Aft Corner Jr Suite Question

Considering booking an aft corner (7150 or 7650) on GOS in July 2014. We usually do Hump/Mid-ship Balconey or JS. Is there a noticable increase in motion versus midship location? Looking for feedback pros/cons on aft JS. If anyone has photos, these would be appreciated as well.

Hi there

I know it's not corner aft but we had JS aft 7654 on Grandeur last August and we didn't feel a thing! On one particular night we sailed through an amazing electrical storm which I watched with the door open hanging on to the curtains it was so windy! But never got sea sick, just felt a juddering motion of the sea that's all. It was an amazing view from the aft, no obstruction just looking straight to sea. Enjoy!

I have sailed in a corner aft on Grandeur and have 7150 booked for next March. Love the balcony! We didn't feel any more motion there than mid-ship rooms. Sometimes there is a vibration but that didn't bother us at all. More motion in the forward rooms I think.

You'll love the room!

I don't know if it's the same on Grandeur, but we had a corner aft on Enchantment and could hear music from the lounge below in the evening. It was not horribly bad for us, but if one is a light sleeper, it might be a problem.

If you are concerned about noise the centrum on the Grandeur has entertainment nightly. I think you would hear more noise in the hump cabin than the aft. We had 8588 aft before dry dock. We loved it. Only thing you need to remember is never open the cabin door and the balcony door at the same time. It makes a great wind tunnel. :D

We had 7150 after the refurbishment last year. The bathroom reminded me about Celebrity Solstice-class ( Equinox is the only one i have been on ), but the cabin itself was smaller than the JS on the side of the ship, like we did not have room for the same furniture because the cabin is not as wide as other JS. It is located above large bar-lounge area, but the diamond club had been build into the corner of this barlounge, and therefore we had no noise from that area just below on deck 6. The balcony was very fine, and the balcony furniture was just the same as on Celebrity solstice class.

Sailing in 3 weeks in 7650. Will update upon return. The only other time I sailed in that cabin was on Enchantment outrunning Hurricane Ida- can't judge movement by that!

None of the other afts we've been in have had any more movement than normal. Of course, we are so hooked on afts that we haven't been on the side in a LONG time.

I cant comment on the room in particular, but her repositoner was really rocking and rolling for most of the 9 days. We had never experienced anything like that on the larger ships. I am not sure if the seas were really rough (I asked the captain and he said they were actually very calm for that time of year :eek:). You kinda felt like you were drunk for days on end. Dh loved watching people leave the theater after a show. The entire mass of people would walk left to keep their balance and then walk right. It looked a lot like a cartoon.

• 1 year later...

DH and I (and possibly DS/LO) have Grandeur 7150 booked for 10/24/15 Bahamas. I know its ONLY 525 days away but I love looking at pics of the room and thought i'd "stop by" to check out this happening' thread. :cool:

We had 7150 in March on Grandeur and would book it again, mainly for the balcony and views. However, the balcony did not have the full-size dining table like on Explorer. We missed that for morning coffee and breakfast. It was more narrow than the side Junior Suites and was missing an extra chair. It had a huge walk-in closet which could be used as a dressing area--I understand only 7150 and 7650 Junior Suites have these larger closets on this class ship.

We were in 7150 last august on Grandeur, and did not notice any additional motion.

We did notice the sound from the lounge underneath on several evenings that ran until 11pm, so if you have young children (we had 9 yr old DD with us), you may want to consider this.

We were able to counter the sound using our sound machine phone apps so she could still get to sleep at her usual time, but just wanted to mention it.

Great balcony with nice loungers and very convenient to diamond lounge downstairs.

Thanks to all that supplied info. We have decided to book it!

We had 7150 in April and absolutely loved it. The balcony was fantastic and the walk in closet for a family of 4 (with a TON of luggage since we drove) was awesome too. I'll try and get a few photos up soon.