Carnival embarkation email

teaach

Email sent this morning, saying not to come to port until till around 1pm. It says boarding will be delayed due to crew quarterly inspection. Anything to this or is it the usual scare tactic to keep you from getting to the port at my usual 11am? Thanks.

I got mine for my cruise and it says nothing about crew inspection, just come at 1.

The one and only time we received one it said that the debarking passengers would be subject to a full immigration inspection and that we should not arrive at the pier until 1. We arrived at the parking lot at noon and had to wait to get in the parking lot because people were still getting off the ship and they were busy shuttling people back to the parking lot to get their cars. We were let into the lot 1 car at a time as a parking space became available. We are Platinum and got boarding group 1 and were not boarded until about 1:30. Those at the pier since 10am were furious, but they disregarded the e-mail.

They are not blowing smoke when they send those e-mails.

I have actually received phone calls and e-mails inviting us to arrive at the pier between 10:30 and 11am on some cruises when they know they won't be delayed. On those sailings we were on the Lido by 11:15am.

The one and only time we received one it said that the debarking passengers would be subject to a full immigration inspection and that we should not arrive at the pier until 1. We arrived at the parking lot at noon and had to wait to get in the parking lot because people were still getting off the ship and they were busy shuttling people back to the parking lot to get their cars. We were let into the lot 1 car at a time as a parking space became available. We are Platinum and got boarding group 1 and were not boarded until about 1:30. Those at the pier since 10am were furious, but they disregarded the e-mail.

They are not blowing smoke when they send those e-mails.

I have actually received phone calls and e-mails inviting us to arrive at the pier between 10:30 and 11am on some cruises when they know they won't be delayed. On those sailings we were on the Lido by 11:15am.

Good Info!!

Not that this is true in all cases, but on our Dream cruise last week we got both an email and a phone call saying not to arrive early as boarding would not begin until 1:30PM due to a "scheduled coast guard inspection". We got to Park 'N Cruise at around 11 AM, and were onboard by 11:30 AM or so. Someone else with family on my cruise mentioned though that some other parking facilities (theirs was at a hotel) were not even starting to shuttle people over to the port until 1 PM due to that letter.

We had a delay on one of our cruises last year. Had to wait in the terminal until the inspection was over. They hand you a letter when you are checking in to let you know boarding will be delayed. I have gotten generic phone messages advising me not to arrive before "whatever" time. I ignore those. But if they say they have an inspection, and advise you before arrival, I would probably adjust arrival time. Depends on if the terminal is large enough to hold all the waiting people, or if it will be packed and no sitting room.

We had a delay on one of our cruises last year. Had to wait in the terminal until the inspection was over. They hand you a letter when you are checking in to let you know boarding will be delayed. I have gotten generic phone messages advising me not to arrive before "whatever" time. I ignore those. But if they say they have an inspection' date=' and advise you before arrival, I would probably adjust arrival time. Depends on if the terminal is large enough to hold all the waiting people, or if it will be packed and no sitting room.[/quote']

We routinely ignore those generic emails too, however, if the email did mention an inspection, we would be inclined to adjust our arrival time for the reasons you mention.

Our boarding passes state 1:00 boarding time... And they are bright orange FTTF. Our last cruise 2/13 we had the same time listed but were on the ship before noon. We figure we will wait there or at the hotel and the ppl,watching is great at the terminal

Archived