question on excursions

My mom and i are planning on booki g excursions directly with rci. And yes i know were missing out on savings but my question is . Is it best to book the excursions ahead of time or can we book when we arrive at the cruise?

Theres only a couple ports that we know what we want to do we can book those in advance but the rest were not sure what to do.

If it helps were going on the splendour of the seas to the greek isles out of venice

If there are things you really, really want to do, you do run the risk of them being sold out if you don't book in advance. However, you do have to pay for them when you book them, so that needs to be considered as well.

It's best to book as many excursions that you want ahead of time. This may not be your particular case, but, do this especially if you choose low impact/scenic 'bus' tours. There is limited space and can be closed. I did witness a few disappointments at the cruise desk for those who waited to pull the trigger. It's a hit or miss strategy.

We took this ship and debarked from Venice as well back in 2010 and loved it!

Have a wonderful safe cruise!

Brig

Yes, if you KNOW what you want to do, book it as soon as you can to make sure you have spots. As you decide on the other ports you should book those as well.

They usually hold back a percentage of slots for on board booking, but I would not want to run the risk.

Also note, in most cases, you can cancel any online excursion booking up to 4 days before sailing.

Overnight excursions will be one exception.

You can also cancel if necessary once onboard for an OBC...just note that each excursion has their cancellation timeframes that will usually be 24-48 hrs. from the excursion departure time...read the fine print.

Some excursions do sell out faster than others. Best to go ahead and book when there is one you really want.

If you change your mind, you can cancel on line up to around 5 or so days prior to the cruise. Once on the cruise, they will list a "cancel by" time.

Have fun planning your excursions! :)

LuLu

~~~~

You can also cancel if necessary once onboard for an OBC...just note that each excursion has their cancellation timeframes that will usually be 24-48 hrs. from the excursion departure time...read the fine print.

I once had to cancel an excursion onboard that I'd booked before boarding. They put it back on my account, but when I didn't spend it all, the remainder was put back on my card.

Archived