Website problem or on purpose

So I have been doing my daily check of the rates, and as I was going through my mock booking, I noticed something strange. See when you choose past guest (balcony) it will only allow you to have the choice of cove balconies, no others... which is weird cause if you choose a different rate you can choose a regular balcony on many different floors... so did someone make a mistake or are they doing this on purpose to get the cove balconies filled??? :confused:

I'm not too worried about it right now cause the rate isn't low enough to make a difference to me, just hope that isn't the standard cause it could later on...

Anyway, just want to see what everyone else thinks...

BTW I check a different date for the Breeze and it was the same thing...:confused:

Of course it could all just be me too...lol

No they do it on purpose. On our second cruise on the Pride we got different cabins to choose from between Early Saver and Past Guest. Early saver rate was a little better, but the cabin we wanted which was a Premium Balcony was only available with Past Guest.

I don't think they do it on purpose. Their website is notoriously horrendous at times. I've had that same issue, and when I've checked again (sometimes same day, sometimes next day) the other options are available and not greyed out.

Carnival really needs to bring their website up to snuff, if they want people to use it.

Using the fare viewer brings up all the categories and rates, it's much easier to compare that way.

I've noticed this too, but often times the past guest rate offers best available upgrades. Would that be the reason why certain cabins aren't available? Because they are giving you options that are considered better than what you get with Early Saver?

Archived