Reindeer Hotdog(Sausage) ... where besides Anchorage?

Rachel83706

On my last Alaskan cruise I ended in Seward, so instead of going home right away I decided to spend a few days visiting Seward and Anchorage. In Anchorage, there are Reindeer Hotdog carts EVERYWHERE. I absolutely went crazy for them!!

Now I am cruising again, but it will be roundtrip from Seattle - so I NEED TO KNOW if there is any place I can get a hotdog in Juneau or Ketchikan

PLEASE TELL ME YOU KNOW OF A PLACE :D

On my last Alaskan cruise I ended in Seward, so instead of going home right away I decided to spend a few days visiting Seward and Anchorage. In Anchorage, there are Reindeer Hotdog carts EVERYWHERE. I absolutely went crazy for them!!

Now I am cruising again, but it will be roundtrip from Seattle - so I NEED TO KNOW if there is any place I can get a hotdog in Juneau or Ketchikan

PLEASE TELL ME YOU KNOW OF A PLACE :D

I don't recall seeing them in Juneau or Ketchikan. But we are going to Anchorage for the first time in a few weeks. My DH used to run hot dog carts. So I'm sure we will be trying one out now. Thanks for the recommendation!

• 2 weeks later...
I don't recall seeing them in Juneau or Ketchikan. But we are going to Anchorage for the first time in a few weeks. My DH used to run hot dog carts. So I'm sure we will be trying one out now. Thanks for the recommendation!

The one everyone raves about is M.A. Dogs ... he was on vacation when I was there :( but I enjoyed mine anyway!!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MAs-Gourmet-Dogs/106248696073893

Ketchikan there is a place called the Pioneer cafe, really good food and they have Reindeer sausage that is really tasty, had some last time we were there.

Pioneer Cafe

619 Mission St, Ketchikan, AK

Just go to Costco or any other grocery store and you can purchase a pack of reindeer sausages like you do hot dogs. Then you can take them home and enjoy them for weeks to come.

If you want prepared ones, most local restaurants will have them, especially on the breakfast menu you can almost always get reindeer sausages.

Just go to Costco or any other grocery store and you can purchase a pack of reindeer sausages like you do hot dogs. Then you can take them home and enjoy them for weeks to come.

If you want prepared ones, most local restaurants will have them, especially on the breakfast menu you can almost always get reindeer sausages.

Don't these need to be refrigerated?

The one everyone raves about is M.A. Dogs ... he was on vacation when I was there :( but I enjoyed mine anyway!!

M.A. Dogs is the original Anchorage hot dog cart. Had one of the first he served up back in 1992. He is located on 4th Ave. right in front of the steps to the old federal building.

Wow! That is too funny! DH and I spent a morning/afternoon in Anchorage and wound up picking this cart to try our first reindeer hot dog. OMG!!!! The fresh grilled onions....the hot dog....so, so good! We didn't realize he was so popular!

Now this is why I love this forum. Never would I have imagined trying these or even looking for them. Now I can't wait to get there.

LOL!! :D

Glad I could help!!

vermonter16, I bet you want one right now :p

That would be great advice ... IF I didn't say I was going to be on a cruise! Limited time and resources! Just looking for a quick fix :rolleyes:

Archived