QM2 Pools

Cunard Cruiser

I would like anyone's opinion regarding the QM2 pools. I love to swim every evening when I am on QE2 and would swim in the inside pool as it was bigger for swimming laps. How is the pool on Deck 13 (look-out)? Is the pool by the play zone on deck 6 for adults? It looks it to me. How does one access the pool on deck 7 by todd english? Also, which would be the less crowded pool in teh early evening.

Thank you.

I would like anyone's opinion regarding the QM2 pools. I love to swim every evening when I am on QE2 and would swim in the inside pool as it was bigger for swimming laps. How is the pool on Deck 13 (look-out)? Is the pool by the play zone on deck 6 for adults? It looks it to me. How does one access the pool on deck 7 by todd english? Also, which would be the less crowded pool in teh early evening.

Thank you.

I also love to swim. The pools on QM2 are average at best, but bigger than those on QE2 from what I recall. The only two pools deep enough to actually do laps in are the aft pool on Deck 8 and the covered pool on Deck 13. The others are shallow. Either pool is probably a good bet in the early evening ... and the weather will probably dictate which one you will use.

Access to the Deck 8 pool is a product of poor planning. You either have to walk through Todd English (which you are not supposed to do but people do anyway), or go down to Deck 7 and use a special staircase by the Princess Grill to go back up to Deck 8 and outside.

All in all I love the QM2, but some of the accessibility issues and her pools are a bit of a disappointment when compared to other ships. Minor inconveniences though on an otherwise fabulous ship.

Ernie

Archived