No 2014 Europe cruises for Carnival

Spudder

Just announced on JH facebook page.

ELIMINATION OF CAPACITY IN EUROPE FOR 2014

Although we do source some guests from international markets for our European cruises, the majority of Carnival Cruise Lines’ business continues to come from North America. We anticipate that airfares to Europe will remain high and we believe our North American passengers will continue to prefer more affordable vacation options closer to home as we move into next year. Therefore we have decided to keep ships in North America during this period rather than place capacity in Europe in 2014. This is consistent with the trend among other major cruise lines to reduce European capacity for 2014.

I know many of you will be disappointed by this , heck I am really disappointed myself and I also have to send you all an apology on behalf of myself and Mischelle over on Carnival’s Facebook page. Both of us have been saying to please be patient for news on Europe and that it would be on its way. We said this because that was going to happen and it was truly only in recent days that a final decision was apparently made not to send a ship to Europe and it was a decision that we had to make sure was communicated to our partners in the travel industry correctly.

Disappointed!!!

Archived