Photo of the Millenium Class' little known secret!

Theodorable

Stavy, I have some notes made about 6018 that I have saved from what others have given me - they are as follows:

"You will actually get light into the room, but the balcony does not really get very sunny. When I wanted to get some sun, I had to go to the rail. Above you from the rail, there really is open sky. The cladding (that metal section that extends 3 floors) does not interfere. Actually, all the balcony rooms have a roof over them, but in 6018 there will be sky above you for about 5 feet toward the rail. Of course it depends on the ship's routing.

Now the negatives as I saw them: the people in the room above you look right down on you when you are at the rail, as their room is recessed and they have the standard balcony, and if you feel so inclined, you can look up and right into their room!"

This same very helpful person told me that it is a long walk to the room - so that may be a negative or a positive depending on how you look at it (!!) - also she said she did not hear any noise - even though it is over the theatre.

Pls note, I haven't stayed in this room, just have it booked - I am just sharing what has been shared with me. Jayna K

Actually, from 6035, which is the farthes back of the eight oversized, you could see the balconies of most of that end of the ship...and you could see the sliding glass doors as well...but it really wasn't like you could see INTO the cabins...angles, glare, drapes, etc. sort of prevent that...it's not like a voyeur's dream or anything...And, yes, toward the front of the balcony, they could see you as well...AS IF anyone really cared...It's not like I'd go out on any ship's balcony to tan in the nude or anything...

As to noise, I think where we were was actually more like over the hallway that leads TO the showroom...but, in any event, you wouldn't know what was under you...ABSOLUTELY quiet...Of course, the showroom is actually one of the least used venues on the ship...they've got, what, two one hour shows a night and they're over by midnight, a few talks or lectures and a couple of rehearsals during the day when you're probably not in your room anyway? In any event, on a couple of occasions, we were in our cabin DURING the time a performance was going on in the Showroom...and we could hear absolutely NOTHING...

As to rougher sailing, frankly, we usually can't even notice if the ship is moving or not...same can be said for this cabin as for midship cabins we've had...

As to the walking distance, yeah, it's several hundred feet to the Dining Room...BUT, it's a really short walk to the Showroom...It almost evens out...except that you probably go to the dining room twice as often as you go to the showroom...but those extra couple of hundred feet don't even walk off that Creme Brulee you had for dessert...

As to the "list" showing several other oversized balconies on the M-Class ... beware, most of those other oversizes are only slightly larger, being somewhat wedge shaped--or having an extra triangle...Only these sixteen 2C cabins at the front of Deck Six are DOUBLE-sized among the Cat 2s... Otherwise, to get a balcony this size or larger, you need to book a more expensive aft...

We had a sky suite on Summit and that balcony was smaller than the one in 6035 (of course, the cabin was a lot larger)...

How is 7177 - is that a double balcony? seems to be so in the brochure; does not appear to be triangular. I thought I had read on another post that the 6 cabins by the aft stairs on that deck are in fact double sized...Anyone know about 7177?

Thanks

Nancy

The reason these balconies potrude more is because the cabins are indented on the other side( SEE DECK PLAN) if the balconies are larger than the cabins are smaller because the total footage is the same

The reason these balconies potrude more is because the cabins are indented on the other side( SEE DECK PLAN) if the balconies are larger than the cabins are smaller because the total footage is the same

Dead wrong...

The cabin for #6035 is identical in size INSIDE to the Cabin #6037 right next to it...the doors/hallway is flush...The square footage is the same 17o square feet as is every Cat 2A, 2B and 2C cabin...The Balconies are not included in that square footage...

Those front 8 balconies are twice the size...

The published deck plans are merely incorrect, "not to scale", drawn improperly, however you might classify it...

Trust me, we've sailed in them...

If you don't trust me, stop by that part of the ship on your way off, when the cabin stewards are cleaning them out, after the people have gone and check the differences out for yourself...

Nancy, I am not certain about 7177...I've never been in it...Certainly, it looks that way from the deck plans...but, again, THE DECK PLANS ARE INCORRECT and "NOT TO SCALE"...

Great shots Nicola- the best I've seen... here is a picture of 6018's balcony from the inside. (see 6018 loungers) - I hope you won't mind - I've added a couple of your pics to my 6018 collection. You certainly had the perfect vantage point for capturing the proof!! Jayna K

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=263643272

Hi:

I think you have to make your album 'public' instead of 'private' in order for others to view the photo through the link you provided..

cheers

Thanks for the info. Do you think it is rougher sailing that far forward. We are currently in 7087 which is midship, but the larger veranda is tempting!:confused:

We have 7087 in September! :p

Roadbliss, try this??

http://community.webshots.com/user/plaqster1

go to album named "OUR STUFF" (nothing exciting, just shows a comparison of a 'regular' balcony and the double size one...)

NANCY re 7177 try this link...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=139470&highlight=7177

Great! Now it works - thanks!

Are the cabins with larger balconies you listed the same on Millie?

Don, the layout of all of the M-Class ships--Millennium, Summit, Infinity and Constellation--are IDENTICAL...Cabin numbering is the same, balcony size the same...

Any comment on particular cabin sizes, configurations, location made for one of these ships is true for all of them...

Nicola. great pics, could I bother you for a few pics of the Summit we are sailing on her in Janurary to Hawaii we are on sky deck mid ship Rooms 9129 & 9131, A photo would be great, our son lives in Victoria and has not been able to get over as well when she was there in drydock he was out of town, Thank You :)

sailoewife (Joan):cool:

Yes - will get some photos on July 1 or July 15th

• 2 weeks later...

I remember seeing a ladder of some sort attached outside the cabins on Deck 8 on the starboard side. Does anyone remember what staterooms that was near? Both Infinity and Constellation had it. How close is it to 8074?

• 2 months later...

Thanks to everyone for the great PICS and info on the larger balcony cabins on the Millie class ships. They were a lot of help booking my December Infinity group. I've got 7171, 7173 and 7175 booked for clients in my group.

I also booked a veranda guarantee for myself and another client. We really lucked out and just got assigned cabins today. 6020 and 6035, 2 of the 16 huge balcony fwd cabins.;)

Thanks BruinSteve for your info about 6035, that's my cabin on my December cruise. I'm gonna be spoiled now for sure.:rolleyes:

Reggie:D

Actually, the cabins are the same size and the balconies are larger. We have cruised M-class on the P-house deck twice. This deck is the widest one on the ship, which allows for the larger balconies. Beginning with deck 7. the width of the ships decrease as you go higher.

The higher decks may be a little more convenient to to upper decks, but for us, the p-house deck is the best. Bigger cabins, nice and quiet. Only issue at times is that passengers on the higher decks can look down on your balcony and when they hose off the top decks, the spray can land on the penthouse deck balconies.

This is fantastic information because the pictures explain it so well. You'd sure never know this from the deck plan. I've marked my book and did a "yellow sticky" on my desktop!

We're in 6135 on the Summit for our upcoming cruise which definitely has an extended balcony (I've seen pictures), but had to book CC to get it.

Thanks so much!:)

but when it costs more than $500 a couple to have it, then we will take 2C double size balconies since we are ELITE, they may upgrade us too (hear my fairy....). These new prices have us on FOS in October '06 in a D1 AFT.

Thanks... Something to keep in mind.

I still like the sizes of the AFT balconies....

Archived