Sensation Tender question

DonnaD

Hey, we booked an excursion that starts at 7:45 local time (8:45 ship time). It is not a ship excursion, but with Capt. Bryan. Will we have trouble getting off the ship since they let the ship's excursions off first? How long does the tender take? I've finally figured out all the time difference stuff.

Donna

I was on the Sensation last.At first, I was nervous as the halls filled with us waiting to tender but once the boats moved up to the ship, it all happened very quickly. So, all in all, it wasn't a bad experience.
Rick

H i Donna, well...The Carnival Capers says the first tender in Grand Cayman will be at approx 8:00 A.M. I remember getting in line about 20 minutes or so earlier. My memory wouldnt be so good so I checked out my Receipts! Our first stop on shore was the Tortuga Rum Store (8 bottles) just a few steps away and our purchase was recorded at 8:06:52..... lol. We were not scheduled for any excursions or tours, just a few cozy hours alone in Smith Cove for some snorkeling and soft sand so time wasnt really a factor. Have fun, Rick

Hey Lisa, it is me Donna. We are on the same cruise. Grand Cayman does not observe daylight savings time so they are an hour behind the ship's time. Some ships change times, but from what I have been told the Sensation does not. So when it is 8am on the ship it is 7 a.m. on shore. You'll be fine because you are doing a ship's excursion. I was a little concerned cause we booked with another company. See you SOON.

Donna

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Donna,

We were recently on the Sensation. We had a private tour booked as well and still were off the ship in plenty of time. I don't remember now exact times but we were in line pretty early. I don't recall them telling us we couldn't get off on an early tender.

We booked with Sotos and I believe we had the same time you do. We waited about 20 mins at the pick up point so I'm sure you will be fine.

Have fun!

Thanks, Jeep Girl. Your posts have been really helpful.
Mike, as near as I can make out. Grand Cayman does not observe daylight savings time, which puts them an hour behind time at Tampa, but in December it is no longer Daylight Savings time so you should be on the same time as they are if you are going out of Tampa. Not sure if you are leaving from New Orleans. I think the are EST time too.

• 2 weeks later...
In December Cayman is the same as Eastern Time. If your ship leaves out of New Orleans then you will be on central time which will be one hour behind.

I have already posted this link in another thread, but do find it really useful so I'll re-post
[url]http://www.timeanddate.com[/url]

Archived