What to pack for beach excursions????

HeatherJA

We have booked our own excursions for two of the ports of call. The others will just be beach days.

Do you buy these snacks and pack them in your suitcase, or buy them before you board the ship? We are flying into San Juan and I really don't want to pack snacks. I've read of a CVS near our pier, so that might be an option for us! Thanks!

I pack a few snacks in my dag bag, but if there is a cvs just get some there.

I live at the beach and when we have company come to town, we give them a tote that has all the essentials for a good beach day. A couple of things come to mind for you:

1- a small vial of white vinegar for jelly fish stings. (check to see if they are a problem where you are going. They get bad here when the water is very warm)

2- a travel size container of baby powder or cornstarch. Shake a little on your feet and legs when you leave the beach and the sand will brush right off.

3- Boca clips- keep your towel on your chair no matter how breezy it is.

4- A thermos with plenty of ice... Add to drinks you buy, or make up a special cocktail on the ship before heading to the beach. :)

Agree with everything but the thermos. We just expect to buy drinks on the beach. I carry a cover-up that's appropriate for any shopping and when we had little ones along, we carried a dry swimsuit/shorts and t-shirt for them. The baby powder is REALLY good for a small child so that the sand doesn't chafe them when they are walking around afterwards too. We use the ships towels...no luggage space needed for our own, no sand coming back home with us either.

Archived