Where to stay in Miami for Valor cruise

Hi. You might want to check the Hotel Info part of the CC Board. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92

We are staying at The Holiday Inn Port of Miami, which offers a Sail Away package. It's a short distance from the port & right across the street from The Bayside Marketplace where lots can be found to do. Hope this helps.

Happy sailing,

T.

There are many nice hotels in the South Beach area...

Essex House Hotel- Its a historic and a truly art deco hotel and its about 1 block from the beach;

Four Points by Sheraton on Miami Beach, which is near Collins Avenue and 50th Street, next to the Eden Rock and the Fountainbleau Hotel;

The Ritz Carlton on South Beach - It is near Lincoln Road (nice area and small mall) and the Art Deco District in South Beach

The Loews on South Beach - Which is an incredible hotel!

The Delano Hotel on South Beach - Very chic on the ocean.

The Shore Club on South Beach- Very hip and chic, #1 hangout for celebrities;

The Fontainebleau Resort- In Miami Beach around 50th and Collins Avenue.. Of course a very nice hotel;

The Beach House Bal Harbour- is a very quiet small hotel on the beach;

I have stayed twice in South Beach prior to a cruise. The first time was at the Doubletree Surfcomber hotel which is located right by Lowes. It was ok. Good location on Collins and right around the corner from Ocean Drive. About $150.00 a night which is not bad for SoBe. By the way Lowes looked like a nice property.

http://surfcomber.com/

The other hotel is the Marriott Southbeach on Ocean Drive. One of the newer hotels on the beach. Nice rooms but ask for one as close to the beach as possible for the best view. I probably would not stay here again as I felt that it was not worth the money paid for two nights. We were there last March and averaged $400.00 a night with parking.

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage.mi?marshaCode=MIAMB

I'm staying at the DoubleTree located in Biscayne Bay the 9th of July before we leave on the Valor the 10th and when we come babck we're staying at the Palms Hotel that Sunday afternnon and flying back Monday. Both of these can be found on the web and are great places to stay. I think that the DoubleTree even gives you a shuttle to the pier the next morning.

Thanks all!! I would love to find a hotel that has a shuttle to the pier. Not nessecary though. I am also thinking something that is nice but not toooo expensive

There are many nice hotels on the beach and near the port that are not very pricey. You may also want to try Priceline.com

We'll be staying at The Holiday Inn Port of Miami also pre and post cruise in November. Looks like a nice place, its close to the pier, and right accross the street from The Bayside Mall which makes the shopaholic ladies in our group quite happy :)

Thank you for your suggestions... We booked hotel rooms at the Port of Miami Holiday Inn.. I hope that this Hotel is NICE!!!! It was nicely priced at only $91.00 per night and is very close to the port(I hope) If anyone has stayed there please let us know thanks ..:)

Archived