Christmas Surprise!

angel24_ga

I think some people really love suprises, and some don't. Obviously you know your family well enough to know they will be thrilled! What a very amazing generous gift, and one that they will never forget. I like the idea of pretending you are taking them to a beach house that you have rented. That would cover all your bases as far as what to pack, etc. It is also great that you have a partner in crime to plan this with.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

Celebrate "Christmas in July"?? ;) :D

Lol!! This is exactly what I was going to say!!!:D Some people have to have a few months to be bale to get those days off work. Since so many people are involved...I would plan an early Christmas surprise.

I had thought about telling them we were going to the beach so they could request off work. Going to Florida is no big deal in our family b/c we used to go every month growing up.

I was going to give gifts for Christmas that hinted towards the cruise and would help them like sun dress or on board credit etc.

Do 4 days do formal night?

I think that's a good idea. That way, they'll know they will need to take time off.

Idk why someone would be "mad" about it, Lol. If they knew they were going to the beach and they took the time off anyways, why does it matter? Plus, it's only a few days. Go for it.

If y'all have a joint account, maybe open a separate account just to pay for the cruise, that way it doesn't show up on your bank statement. Then close it after the cruise. One day we decided to go through the entire house and attic, collect old stuff we don't use anymore, and ended up with enough to pay for a 7 day cruise. :-). Crazy how much stuff accumulates over the years, especially with kids.

I think it'll be a great gift.

Make sure you get their reactions on video! Search "Surprise Disney Cruise Kids....Today!" on YouTube. That guy pulled it off pretty good.

Thanks everyone! Things I have squared away In response to a few suggestions:

1. Getting time off is only an issue for 2 people so I will make sure to watch for that.

2. Christmas in July- I love this idea but can't do it. My grandmother will make me feel guilty for 6 months about spending the money on her.

3. Everyone has passports from a previous cruise except my mom and my sister is going to help facilitate that. So travel documents are good.

4. I told my husband I was surprising my grandmother so I can plan in the open. He doesn't know we are going as well. :D

Archived