Legend of the Seas GS

tcpa

We are booked on LOS 1/14/06. Has anyone stayed in LOS GS #8008 or similar room? The pictures on RCCL website look like the room and balcony are somewhat large. Do all the GS have a minibar and closet? I am concerned that the room is close to the elevators. Do you think this will be bothersome at night? If you haven't guessed already, this is our first cruise and we are both excited and nervous about the trip. I am looking forward to hearing from someone who has been on this ship and hopefully from someone who will be on this cruise with us.

Hi

We will be travelling on LOS on the 2 July 2005 to the med in GS8506, its our first cruise too and hopefully when we get back i will post you a message letting you now how a Grand Suite really is.

David

We sailed the Legend of the Seas in March. I will stick with large newer ships in the future. We liked our cabin and cabin steward very much on Legend. The cabin, entertainment, and solarium were the best part of our cruise. However, many of us didn't like the food in either the dining room or buffet. We felt the food was overcooked and salty. We had sailed the Norwegian Dawn from NY to the Caribbean in December and loved the freestyle dining with 10 different types of restaurants to choose from. The food on Norwegian Dawn was far superior than any other cruiseship we've been on. When we got on Legend in Honolulu, we were so excited--but it wasn't long before we were wondering why we didnt' sail on the Norwegian Ship, "Pride of Aloha" instead. The assigned dining on Legend bored us --having to eat at the same time with the same waiter in the same dining room every night for 10 nights. We selected a table for 2 and were ignored while our waiter waited on the large tables of 8-10. We got so tired of waiting that we ended up going to the buffet to wait on ourselves. It was a terrible experience for us.

We will be sailing Royal Caribbean's Jewel of the Seas in October and hope that the newer RCL ship will have more eating venues and that the food will be improved. We've already booked Thanksgiving 2006 on the Norwegian Spirit going NY to Southern Caribbean. We've also booked the Carnival Legend for Feb. 2006 Miami to the Western Caribbean. I like to keep sailing various cruiselines to see which ships I like best.

A few years back we sailed on LOS in #8514 from Acapulco through the Panama Canal to San Juan. The room was quiet, very nice and roomy, to say the least. It seemed to be the equivalent of 1.5 to 2 balcony rooms. Had a very large bathroom with shower and tub, a large dressing area with large built-in closets and bar. The living room had a smallish sectional sofa with a nice coffee table and 2 chairs. The bedroom and living room shared a curtain which almost made them into two rooms - very nice when my wife or I wanted to get up early and have coffee or watch TV. The large balcony window in the bedroom was a great touch. The cabin viewer on the RCL website gives a fair portrayal.

It was a very nice relaxing experience. Frankly, as your first cruise, you may be ruined from anything but a suite for all future cruises - but, it's the way to go. Hope you enjoy it...

It is disappointing to hear some of the comments about the older ships. I am counting on our naivete on this trip. I hope there will be another trip in our future and we can try one of the newer ships. We are from a very small rural town and quite frankly, we are fortunate to have a McDonald's. So you see our palates may be easily fooled. Not that there is anything wrong with a quarter pound cheeseburge and french fries. ;) I am pleased to hear that the RCCL's website pictures are a good representation of the room and balcony. Thanks for the info and I will be looking forward to hearing from davieg. Still hoping to find someone that will be on this cruise!

Archived