Conquest Review May 5-12 2013

While I agree you had some annoying issues, I was kind of left a little empty. I was waiting for the bombshell of an issue that made this sucha horrible cruise.

It sounds like Carnival aknowleged the issues and tried to make up for them in some small way.

Nothing to see here...now move along.

Thanks for your comments although to be honest I have never found life jackets under the bed on any HA, Celebrity, or Princess cruise. Every time they have been in the closet where there was a marking showing them to be there. As for disabled, come on. If someone says no, I try to follow the rules. Perhaps that is not your style but I do not go looking for problems. As for P/D treated differently, it was confirmed by the Guest Services Manager. And yes I agree that P/D should be treated differently. Anyone who has made it that far on Carnival needs something special. As for FTTF, I got everything I expected. I never said it was bad - in fact I said it was good. As for room service, I don't expect to get it sooner but I do expect a call if it is not going to come on time. That was confirmed by the Guest Services Manager that they should have done that. Finally, never said I suffered. I said that we had to work our vacation around the cruise lines rules.

You are aware that Holland America and Princess are owned by that same "Low Budget Party Cruise" company called Carnival.

My mind is blown that an entire paragraph was written about a mirror. And about people standing near elevators. Get over it.

Vacation is what you make of it. And if you nitpick, you'll find somethng wrong in every situation.

Sucks that you didn't enjoy your cruise. I think it also sucks that they expected you to be out of it for so long. Did you ask the Guest Relations person for some sort of compensation for not being able to use your room (to me, it sounds like that is what you are looking for)?

It seems to me that, once you said something -which is what guest relations is for- about your being dissatisfied, things turned around. You can't expect things to change if you don't ask for it.

I am can empathize with you - my wife and I are both in our 30s and legally disabled. And no one ever thinks we are - just some snotty kids sitting in handicap seats or parking in handicapped spots. I would have asked for that woman's supervisor. She had no right to move you from those seats and my a$$ would have sat there.

Maybe Carnival isn't a right fit for you. Happy sailing!

As several others have mentioned, after reading the review the only real problem I see is being asked to leave the room from and stay out for almost the whole day. I would not be happy about that either.

As far as stewards not cleaning the room while you are there and being unhappy about it? Seriously? If it was me I would want to leave even if I was allowed to stay. I wouldn't feel comfortable with them cleaning around me. Even at home, if I happen to be at the house when our house cleaners are scheduled to arrive I try to leave and let them do their job.

Very sorry you didn't have a good cruise. All the issues you mention though seem really minor to me, but I'm a 'don't sweat the small stuff' type.

The most egregious thing seems to be that they wouldn't let you sit in disabled seating in the waiting area. People should know not all disabilities are visable! When you say other guests (not in Carnival's control obviously) wouldn't remove their personal items for you to sit. Did you ask them? Or did you expect them to just move them when you walked by?

I also would have been upset for the day they did not allow you access to the stateroom. Did they offer you any compensation when you went to guest services?

It is a fact that Carnival is a low budget cruiseline and a party ship. The problem you get on here is from people not accepting that fact and get mad at the truth. They want to believe there on a great above average cruiseline, so the truth hurts their feelings and they lash out at you the Op. Personally thanks for the review as it was dead on.

Just as true is that Celebrity is a cruise line for classless snobs. :p

So what if some of the OP's complaints seem 'minor'. Just like beauty, annoyances, are also in the eye of the beholder.

What might be 'minor' to you or I might not be to him or his wife. Oh, by the way, what might be a major annoyance to you or I might be only 'minor' to the OP.

OP, thanks for posting. Frankly, I find these type of 'negative' reviews much more informative than the 'cheerleader' ones where everything is perfect and wonderful.:rolleyes:

Frankly, I find these type of 'negative' reviews much more informative than the 'cheerleader' ones where everything is perfect and wonderful.:rolleyes:

I agree with you- I like hearing people's complaints because it gives me a realistic expectation of how our cruise might go. Since I know none of these issues (save the one about the room) would effect me, I have no qualms booking with Carnival.

I like to hear the good and the bad, and this poster did mention some of the things he enjoyed as well.

It is a fact that Carnival is a low budget cruiseline and a party ship. The problem you get on here is from people not accepting that fact and get mad at the truth. They want to believe there on a great above average cruiseline, so the truth hurts their feelings and they lash out at you the Op. Personally thanks for the review as it was dead on.

Thanks. Appreciate the understanding.

Oh...we're sorry you're so "high end"...way to start this thread to just pick a fight. Don't try to tell us it was anything but. There are lots of people wo enjoy themselves on Carnival. I suspect you couldn't enjoy yourself on much of anything.

Interesting that I am considered rude for posting my opinion of Carnival yet you directly attack me - not my review. I am glad lots of people enjoy themselves on Carnival - have no problem with that. But yet when I write what happened, I am called names and told that I think I am superior to everyone. I can only think that those that say that are true Carnival die hards and I respect them for that. Just they should respect my opinions. And for those that can only afford Carnival, this was not a slight to them (one comment from a Mom with children). Why can't someone look for a new option then find it does not work, write a review, and go on. If you don't agree, please take advantage of the ignore button.

You are aware that Holland America and Princess are owned by that same "Low Budget Party Cruise" company called Carnival.

Absolutely I know that. Have you been on Holland America and Princess? If not, not sure you can provide an informed opinion or even a valid comparison. In fact, that is one of the reasons we went on Carnival - it was owned by the same company we have cruised with and enjoyed.

My mind is blown that an entire paragraph was written about a mirror. And about people standing near elevators. Get over it.

Vacation is what you make of it. And if you nitpick, you'll find somethng wrong in every situation.

Too bad you cannot understand the concept of safety and getting off an elevator. AS for the mirror, you made more out of it than it was.

Just as true is that Celebrity is a cruise line for classless snobs. :p

Very unfair comment and attack on someone who happened to agree with me. Have you been on Celebrity? If not, how can you know? And the fact you group everyone that cruises with Celebrity as a classless snob is quite discriminatory.

So what if some of the OP's complaints seem 'minor'. Just like beauty, annoyances, are also in the eye of the beholder.

What might be 'minor' to you or I might not be to him or his wife. Oh, by the way, what might be a major annoyance to you or I might be only 'minor' to the OP.

OP, thanks for posting. Frankly, I find these type of 'negative' reviews much more informative than the 'cheerleader' ones where everything is perfect and wonderful.:rolleyes:

Thank you - that was the sole purpose of the review. Try to put some perspective on the cruise.

"In conclusion, yes, this was our first and last Carnival Cruise."

Glad it was your last carnival cruise. I'd never want to cruise with a complainer like you.

Good. It is truly unfortunate that some people have to label other folks because they don't agree with them. I am labeled a complainer for pointing out, in my opinion, some problems with our cruise. Some call them minor because they don't let things bother them, some agreed, and some just wanted to do what I expected - be nasty and slam the review. Hey can't everyone just read it for what it was - my review of the trip.

Very unfair comment and attack on someone who happened to agree with me. Have you been on Celebrity? If not, how can you know? And the fact you group everyone that cruises with Celebrity as a classless snob is quite discriminatory.

Very unfair comment and attack on me and hypocrisy by you.

It's quite obvious you are trying to make a career out of an incendiary thread.

Now who is the snob? Just because I don't have a lot of posts.

Celebrity cruisers. My observation is the percentage of your posts dedicated to a thread on a cruise board where you boast of taking your first and last Carnival cruise, relative to your total posts, and is not a comment on your total number of posts.

Urgh, not good...but it could have been worse.

Platinum/Diamond--sorry, we don't get better service than anyone else.

Room Stewards--there are good ones, bad ones, and ones that are simply amazing. I have had two bad ones, several good ones, and four amazing room stewards. It's a crap shoot. As for cleaning the cabin, they are told to do it when you are not in the cabin, otherwise, it is left undone. One cabin steward we had never bothered to clean the room for us, that was one of the bad ones.

Debarkation/Embarkation--well, last Liberty cruises embarkation for us was a nightmare--ship was in Belize and US Customs did COMPLETE check on ALL passengers....Boarding was to begin at 1030, well, two hours later they finally called the get ready to board call in the double+ capacity VIP lounge. Two and a half hours after we were to be onboard we finally stepped on the ship and went to the cabin to drop our bags before going to Guy's for a burger.....Debarkation was worse cuz it was pouring rain (glad I didn't book the South Beach excursion...kinda hard to check out Collins Ave in pouring rain!). I did an Everglades tour and we lost an hour because of the rain and the need to tarp the gangway as the water was pouring down on people as they walked onto the gangway...that was a 30 minute delay.....

I'm still going to go on Carnival *BG*....Conquest actually....

Ship happens *BG*

Archived