Best way to get around on Grand Cayman

cmason

So what is the best way to get around? I'd like to visit a number of beaches, get some shore snorkeling in, and do some shopping. Taxi doesnt seem flexible enough...so is it rent a car, or can you rent scooters. if you rent a scooter, will you survive?

[url="http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=1683059817&m=193102471"]Join our Navigator Nov 13 roll call[/url]
We meet in..
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;13;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

definitely rent a car. no problems at all driving around. we rented thru Cico Avis. very affordable and professional. the staff there are wonderful and very helpful with directions and advice. it was great to go at our own pace and we made it back in plenty of time to get the tender to the ship. good luck!

Celebrity Century...5/22/04

• 2 weeks later...
I would also not recommend the scooters. On our last cruise one in our group broke his collar bone when he fell off of the scooter. They almost didn't release him in time for them to get back to the ship. That was our first port so their plans for the rest of the trip were ruined. They still enjoyed themselves but they had to miss out on a lot. I hope this helps!

Archived