ROYAL PRINCESS ~ January 12th, 2014, Caribbean

KenC

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
There are always FODs on board. :) we haven't been on a cruise for a couple years so were excited to go on another cruise. Are you cruising solo or bringing a better (or not so better) half?

Hi ZellBrad

I'm sailing with my partner Phill - it's our 30th cruise but only third on Princess. Staying in Key West for a week or so then flying up to Fort Lauderdale the day before. Where are you guys from?

As you say there are bound to be a scattering of FOD's on a 3600 pax list :D

Cheers

Ken

Sounds great! We are in very cold Kansas City. We will be in Ft Lauderdale a couple days before the cruise and I'm sure we will be ready for warm weather. :)

Wow, Kansas - the home of the original Dorothy LOL :D Sorry couldn't resist that :o

Did I read on the other rollcall that you have booked a mini suite? Great for parties eh??? We went for one of the metal fronted balconies on Emerald Deck because the balconies are two or three times the size of the norm and sometimes we like to chill out there during the afternoon.

It's cold for us in the UK now (around 37 deg F overnight on the south coast) - but I bet it's colder where you are. Really looking forward to some sunshine too. Brrr ..... bring on Florida! We own a bed and breakfast in Brighton so we can only get away for any length of time when it's quietest here, in January - other than that we only manage a few days here and there through the year.

Ken & Phill ;)

Parties? Lol it's still a mini suite. :) We have been in full suites on Holland America and they were great for canapés and cocktails before dinner. Zell handles which room were in but I know were up high in the middle and have a larger balcony. I just can't remember. :) It will be great meeting you and yes we are for the land of Dorothy!

Edited by ZellBrad

Parties? Lol it's still a mini suite. :) We have been in full suites on Holland America and they were great for canapés and cocktails before dinner.

Shame, we love a good party :D

:) It will be great meeting you and yes we are for the land of Dorothy!

Yeah, we look forward to meeting you - perhaps for a drink?

Ken & Phill

Oh, go on then ..... thought you'd never ask LOL :D I'm sure we could reciprocate ;)

Ken & Phill

Do you have the big front balcony? Do you have access to it when were at sail? We are getting excited to see some sun and warmer weather! I'm in Bocca Raton all week next week and Zell is joining me for the weekend. Woo hoo!

Do you have the big front balcony? Do you have access to it when were at sail? We are getting excited to see some sun and warmer weather! I'm in Bocca Raton all week next week and Zell is joining me for the weekend. Woo hoo!

No, we looked at those when booking but decided that having a balcony you couldn't use when at sea was a bit stupid. We're in E108 which is one of the balconies far forward with the metal fronts (as opposed to glass) - they are about 3 times bigger than standard balconies.

Lucky you getting away to Boca!! We have friends living just north in Highland Beach and have visited them a few times - love the shops there!!

Ken & Phill

Im Gary and my friend John will be on Royal Jan 12-19th..Do any of you have the late seating as we do and would hope to get a table of 6 or 8....Where both from Boston and its been snowing for two days.Where going to Fort Lauderdale for 2 days before im allways worried about weather delays.Then after this cruise going on a western carib on Carnival Freedom the fly to cancun for 8 days.John works for the Boston Redsox and this is the only time we can travel before spring training.Last year we did Punta Cana which was ok. But I finally talked him into a cruise..He likes to party so im sure he will like Carnival lol...hope to hear and meet you guys...

Im Gary and my friend John will be on Royal Jan 12-19th..Do any of you have the late seating as we do and would hope to get a table of 6 or 8....Where both from Boston and its been snowing for two days.Where going to Fort Lauderdale for 2 days before im allways worried about weather delays.Then after this cruise going on a western carib on Carnival Freedom the fly to cancun for 8 days.John works for the Boston Redsox and this is the only time we can travel before spring training.Last year we did Punta Cana which was ok. But I finally talked him into a cruise..He likes to party so im sure he will like Carnival lol...hope to hear and meet you guys...

Hi Gary. Sorry for the delay responding, we've been away for a few days doing the Santa drop off stuff!! We're snow free so far this winter, fingers crossed it stays that way because the UK grinds to a halt at the least fall of the white stuff. We're staying in Key West for 8 days before the cruise and fly up to Fort Lala the day before, just in case.

Be good to meet up with you guys.

cheers

Ken & Phill

Hi Ken and Phyll ~ Ken, I saw that you were the last poster on this thread, so I thought I'd jump in to say *Hi* from Brent and me.

We may be in your area next September...going over on QM2 at the end of August and returning to NYC on the Princess Ruby. We have five days to spend 'over there' in between the sailings and may visit Brighton, but we haven't made any definite plans yet. If we do make it to Brighton we'll try to stop by to say *Hi* in person!

Hi Ken and Phyll ~ Ken, I saw that you were the last poster on this thread, so I thought I'd jump in to say *Hi* from Brent and me.

We may be in your area next September...going over on QM2 at the end of August and returning to NYC on the Princess Ruby. We have five days to spend 'over there' in between the sailings and may visit Brighton, but we haven't made any definite plans yet. If we do make it to Brighton we'll try to stop by to say *Hi* in person!

Hi Jack

Long time no speak!! It would be great to see you guys again - please feel free to drop by anytime. We are hoping to sell up this year and move to Spain but I have a nagging feeling that we may still be here in August. Our contact details are on our website http://www.brightonpavilions.com

Cheers

Ken & Phill

Hello Guys,

We are also book on the Royal for Jan 12th sailing. We are both from Montreal and we have had lots of snow already so far. We are so please to get away for a week of vacation in the sun. We will be traveling with a straight couple as well.

Hope we can say a little hi to all you :-)

We have book the Marriott Courtyard airport and cruise as we will be arriving the day prior to our departure.

talk to you soon

Eric and Martin

Royal Princess Jan 2014

Caribbean Princess Feb 2013

Carnival Liberty Nov2012

Hal Westerdam March2012

Ruby Princess Nov2010

Sapphire Princess Sep2010

Rccl Adventure Of The Seas April 2010

Carnival Miracle Feb2010

Rccl Oassis of the Seas Feb2010

Rccl Majesty of the Seas Nov2009

Rccl Navigator of Seas Sep2009

Hal Westerdam Nov&Dec2008

Caribbean Princess Nov2007

Sea Princess Nov&Dec 2006

Diamond Princess Apr2005

Rccl Navigator Dec2004

NCL SUN Nov2004

Visit of QM2 Oct2004

Carnival Victory Nov2003

Golden Princess Apr2003

Celebrity Mercury Nov2002

Carnival Elation Nov2001

NCL SKY Nov2000

Hello Guys,

We are also book on the Royal for Jan 12th sailing. We are both from Montreal and we have had lots of snow already so far. We are so please to get away for a week of vacation in the sun. We will be traveling with a straight couple as well.

Hope we can say a little hi to all you :-)

We have book the Marriott Courtyard airport and cruise as we will be arriving the day prior to our departure.

talk to you soon

Eric and Martin

Hi Eric and Martin - and then there were 8!!! Surely we must have enough for a FOD cocktail party now :D

Ken & Phill

Hi Eric and Martin - and then there were 8!!! Surely we must have enough for a FOD cocktail party now :D

Ken & Phill

Hello Ken and Phil,

We might be 8 here but I have seen a few others on the Roll Call for this date on the other page. I think I have spoted at least to more couples its just they maybe dont know about this little secret place of ours lol lol.

We are happy to get away from work for a while and choose a cruise as our Condo thay we own in Puerto Vallarta is rented until March 15th when we go back youppie :-)

sea ya

E&M

Almost there! We fly into Ft Lauderdale next Thursday!!!! Is everyone going to the CC meet and greet? If so we will meet you all there, if not do you want to plan on meeting somewhere on the first day? We are both looking forward to some SUN!

Almost there! We fly into Ft Lauderdale next Thursday!!!! Is everyone going to the CC meet and greet? If so we will meet you all there, if not do you want to plan on meeting somewhere on the first day? We are both looking forward to some SUN!

We may not make the CC meet and greet :eek: !!! Anyone fancy meeting for a pre dinner drink on first or second nights? Any suggestions for a venue? :D

We're off to Key West this Friday - let us know what you think.

Ken & Phill

Edited by KenC

hi eric and martin,,im gary and my friend john will be on the Royal Jan12-19.John is a diehard canadiens fan,,and im the Bruins fan lol..we have a late sitting at 815pm and looking for some FODs to have dinner with us.We usually like a table of 8 or 10 its more fun. We are getting a major snow storm thursday into friday hope we will be able to dig out by next Friday when we fly to Fort Lauderdale..If you have other dinner plans it will be fun to meet you guys and zellbrad and ken!10 days to go!!!!Happy New Year