Glacier Gardens in Juneau

narsibvl

If this is the place I am thinking off, it is well worth the trip. They have upside down garden trees, the tour up to the top of the property is wonderful. They had excellent hot blueberry cocoa. We were on a ship tour last year and also saw salmon. It was a bus tour. It was a little rainy last July. Susan

when where you going to be there? I was told by the owner of the gardens via email that it is not that great in may as most of the flowers aren't out yet. but during the summer months I bet it is very nice.

when where you going to be there? I was told by the owner of the gardens via email that it is not that great in may as most of the flowers aren't out yet. but during the summer months I bet it is very nice.

We are there Mid June. Also do you guys know whether we would be able to get the tickets for the tour on that day, driving upto the Garden or should we make a reservation ? Also how long does the tour take ?

We went to the Glacier Gardens in September. They were wonderful. There is a great story about how it began. The short story is a huge storm uprooted a lots of trees, so they cut off the tops, buried the trunks and planted flowers in the roots. They look like hanging baskets or European dish gardens set in the tops of trees. The overlook deck was great, too. You could see forever. Also, it rained--poured, really. Not a problem--didn't even get wet and still got great pictures. If you like botanical gardens, don't miss it.

Sandy

Here is a link for the Jewel Gardens in Skagway. They look similar to the Glacier Gardens in Juneau. Again, enjoy the beautiful pictures: The Jewel Gardens in Skagway includes glass blowing.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60877-d1213738-Reviews-Jewell_Gardens-Skagway_Alaska.html

these two gardens aren't even remotely "similar", in my opinion.

Have you been to both of them?

these two gardens aren't even remotely "similar", in my opinion.

Have you been to both of them?

We have taken the kids to both. Agree that they were very different.

I think I prefer Glacier Gardens in Juneau but we had a wonderful time at both. The views of Juneau were wonderful & the tour was nice- we returned to town via public bus one way & arrived via taxi HAHA!

Jewells garden were more of an estate outdoor garden-- mostly flat- beautiful flowers- cute train, lovely tea & scones

We have taken the kids to both. Agree that they were very different.

I think I prefer Glacier Gardens in Juneau but we had a wonderful time at both. The views of Juneau were wonderful & the tour was nice- we returned to town via public bus one way & arrived via taxi HAHA!

Jewells garden were more of an estate outdoor garden-- mostly flat- beautiful flowers- cute train, lovely tea & scones

I have also been to both, and your descriptions give some further details that are useful.

Archived