Cancelled excursion & dinner reservation taken by Royal and applied toward upgrade?

We found a great deal on an ATS a few weeks before our cruise and upgraded from 2 junior suites. Our travel agent told us what the cost difference would be for the upgrade, and we gave the go ahead to charge it on our credit card.

Almost immediately I received an email from RCI stating that they had cancelled all of our show reservations, MTD dinner reservations, Dragons Breath Zip line and Izumi (from 1 cabin) because of the upgrade to the new cabin. I quickly contacted my TA, and told her that we wanted to keep all these reservations and that they need to go with the new cabin (I had no idea that they would simply just 'cancel' them)!

Several frantic emails and phone calls later...and after being told that we wouldn't be able to rebook the Comedy Show, Blue Planet, and our MTD time slots because they were "already sold out," one of the reps in the resolutions department finally came through and rebooked all of our originally reserved shows and MTD dinner reservations.

He then asked if I wanted to keep, or cancel Izumi; I told him to cancel it and I'd rebook on the ship. He also asked if I wanted to rebook the zip line, and I said yes...and we were finally all set.

Got home yesterday (incredible cruise!), opened my credit card bill and I see a refund for 2 of the 4 Izumi dinners, and then a charge for another $92 zip line (so we paid for 3 zip lines when only 2 went).

I called Corporate Guest Relations to try and get this straightened out, and was told that they had cancelled and applied 2 of the 4 Izumi dinner payments and 1 zip line excursion payment (from 1 of our previously booked jr suites) toward the price of our upgrade.:confused: When I told them that I hadn't been advised that this was being done the rep told me that "anytime you cancel a cabin to upgrade, any other items that were associated with the cancellation are put towards the payment of that upgrade; thus, when that cabin was cancelled so was 1/2 of the dinner reservation and 1/2 of the zip line excursion and those monies went towards the payment of your new cabin."

When I told her that I had emails from RCI stating that a $92 zip line reservation for 1 person said 'cancelled,' along with Izumi for all 4 (at $10 each) and it listed the last 4 digits of my CC next to each line item with the statement "All monies will be credited or reimbursed on your original form of payment" she said "that's not the way it works.

It also doesn't add up on my invoice; the amount my TA quoted me was the amount charged to my CC, and the reps seem very confused as to exactly what transpired (I was put on hold twice for several minutes during my call).

Unfortunately, when I called Corp Guest Relations back a 2nd time for more clarification I was told by a different rep they will not talk to me about it and must speak directly with my TA (who is out of her office until Wednesday).

Anybody have any experience with this? Have you ever upgraded while having excursions and/or dinner reservations on your reservation and had them cancel them on you, and then apply the funds toward the upgrade rather than back to your credit card?

Boy, I can relate, but I can not help you with any info.

I upgraded two days ago and my entire booking has become a complete mess for two cabins. The royal rewards free cruise amount ($2500) disappeared, my $700.00 OBC and the other charges don't seem to work out at all!!! Our taxes are higher than the other cabin. I have no idea anymore if I've actually paid more than I think. It was very frustrating trying to get things straightened out. They are still working on it.

I need to go through my CC charges and see if it works out.

Archived