NYC Ships...Dawn VS Breakaway

If I remember correctly the Dawn was suppose to be a "New York City" ship... She even has the Statue of Liberty painted on her hull...now the Breakaway is the new NYC ship... so now the Dawn is in Boston ( which is kind of ironic...LOL!!!). and the Breakaway took its place? Kind of feel bad that the Dawn lost her "title"...:confused:

If I remember correctly the Dawn was suppose to be a "New York City" ship... She even has the Statue of Liberty painted on her hull...now the Breakaway is the new NYC ship... so now the Dawn is in Boston ( which is kind of ironic...LOL!!!). and the Breakaway took its place? Kind of feel bad that the Dawn lost her "title"...:confused:

Dawn was put into service in NY in 2002. It's not unusual for ships to be moved over the course of their lives. It wasn't moved fully out of NY until after 2008, and even before then it wintered in Miami, as I understand it.

An interesting side note? The Dawn was the first NCL ship to have hull art.

DML

I remember going on her in "2009" and going out of NYC~~we listened to a beautiful tribute to New York sailing away~~I will always remember that! Loved the Dawn and now on to the Breakaway!:)

I can't remember the actual year they moved her. I just know it was after 2008 and before 2012. But the point was that she spent more than 6 years in NY before she moved away.

DML

I can't remember the actual year they moved her. I just know it was after 2008 and before 2012. But the point was that she spent more than 6 years in NY before she moved away.

DML

The Dawn started the Boston/Bermuda run in spring 2011, replacing Norwegian Spirit. I think you can expect any NY ship to be replaced by any new ship that holds more passengers because NY has the highest demand for cruises. Just as the Epic replaced the Dawn out of NY in 2011.

The Dawn started the Boston/Bermuda run in spring 2011, replacing Norwegian Spirit. I think you can expect any NY ship to be replaced by any new ship that holds more passengers because NY has the highest demand for cruises. Just as the Epic replaced the Dawn out of NY in 2011.

I would think Miami is number one nationwide. But NCL has done very well in New York City when they were the first to base ships there during the entire winter.

Archived