Which side of the ship for Southern Caribbean Explorer?

2BCruising

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to which side of the ship (port or starboard) has the best or interesting views...to get a room for the Southern Caribbean Explorer. We've sailed on Golden before and would like try out this itinerary. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

As for port or starboard when in port, you just never know which side will be towards the islands. We have always booked the port side and on some cruises, they dock starboard side. So it is a toss up and the luck of the cruise itself. Either one I am sure will afford you some great views.

Enjoy!

We were on the Southern Explorer in April and, based on others' experiences, we booked the port side. We had dawn views from our balcony of every island we docked at, except Aruba, plus wonderful night time views of the Southern Cross, among other wonderful constellations.

We had the port side on our April Explorer cruise, and it was great. We faced the shore in Aruba, but it was a pretty view. In St Thomas, we faced the harbor, which is one of the most beautiful sights ever. Grenada and St. Kitts are equal for both sides, as I recall. And at Isla Margarita, we faced away from the pier. It's really hard to go wrong, but I would recommend the port side if only for St. Thomas.

Thanks everyone for your recommendations and suggestions. Very helpful. When we took the Southern Classic trip (last year), we were starboard side. We'll definitely try the port side this time...atleast to get a different view in St Thomas. Thanks again for your help.

Since it's impossible to know which docking location in port will be best (it may change even on the same ship from sailing to sailing), we go for the "SUNSET" view from our balcony!

Take a map of the Caribbean and look at the route your ship takes throughout your itinerary. Pick the side that will be facing West most often at sunset.

:D When in doubt, we book the Port side! :D

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Archived