“It’s Been a Lovely Cruise!” Majesty of the Seas 4-Nt Bahamas Review & Pics May 6 '13

Thank you :) I'm glad you enjoyed it. I always like reading reviews, I imagine I'm there instead of HERE in cloudy weather!!

It is around 90 degrees here today, sunny, hot and humid here. It is just like being THERE.

It is around 90 degrees here today, sunny, hot and humid here. It is just like being THERE.

Ha! I am jealous. I have lived here around Cleveland all my life and have never seen this kind of weather. We have literally not had more than an hour of sunshine for at least 3 weeks, maybe more. Cloudy and storms every single day. It's killing my mood, I need sunshine! I am losing my tan, as well. If I wasn't on the ship in May, I would have little to no tan at all.

Hope you enjoyed the day, do you go to the beach a lot? Always wanted to visit RI-never been over that way. Maybe someday.

Edited by LuckiStac13*Majesty*

Ha! I am jealous. I have lived here around Cleveland all my life and have never seen this kind of weather. We have literally not had more than an hour of sunshine for at least 3 weeks, maybe more. Cloudy and storms every single day. It's killing my mood, I need sunshine! I am losing my tan, as well. If I wasn't on the ship in May, I would have little to no tan at all.

Hope you enjoyed the day, do you go to the beach a lot? Always wanted to visit RI-never been over that way. Maybe someday.

I rarely go to the beach during the day. My brother and I used to live on it everyday during the summer when we were kids but no longer. Now I prefer beach walks after 6 PM when the crowds are headed home and the air is cooling off. Is that called growing up? :confused::eek: I do ride through on my bike though. I love biking and riding along the ocean is really nice.

Wishing you some of our sun and heat....:)

I rarely go to the beach during the day. My brother and I used to live on it everyday during the summer when we were kids but no longer. Now I prefer beach walks after 6 PM when the crowds are headed home and the air is cooling off. Is that called growing up? :confused::eek: I do ride through on my bike though. I love biking and riding along the ocean is really nice.

Wishing you some of our sun and heat....:)

Getting older...I am experiencing some of the same myself, unfortunately. Comes rather quickly. I'm not a "crowds" person either, so I understand. Nice that you're able to walk or ride on/around the beach in the evenings, you are definitely lucky! Get some of that salty air :)

Just got off Majesty today after the 3 day cruise and are back in stormy rainy Ohio! We surprised ourselves by REALLY enjoying the Majesty! Thanks to your review and pictures Staci as I wasn't sure we would be happy on a ship that old but it is in great shape. Rooms are small but sailing prices are small too! Really enjoyed the crew, the itinerary, your review was dead on! We have sailed the bigger ships but this one has its own definite charm!

Just got off Majesty today after the 3 day cruise and are back in stormy rainy Ohio! We surprised ourselves by REALLY enjoying the Majesty! Thanks to your review and pictures Staci as I wasn't sure we would be happy on a ship that old but it is in great shape. Rooms are small but sailing prices are small too! Really enjoyed the crew, the itinerary, your review was dead on! We have sailed the bigger ships but this one has its own definite charm!

I'm so glad to hear this--thanks for commenting. There is a definite charm about Majesty.

Glad you had a great cruise. Isn't this weather terrible?? I have never seen anything like it :(

Saw this thread last night when it was bumped to page 1. We did the Majesty last fall on a whim mainly to see Key West. Enjoyed your pictures. Considering the age, the ship looks great.

We last were on this class on the Monarch in 1995.

Saw this thread last night when it was bumped to page 1. We did the Majesty last fall on a whim mainly to see Key West. Enjoyed your pictures. Considering the age, the ship looks great.

We last were on this class on the Monarch in 1995.

1995...the good old days! I bet the Monarch was beautiful back then. I never got to sail her.

Thanks for commenting.

Glad you enjoyed. Have a a great cruise. Are you sailing on Majesty soon? Go listen to the One Love Caribbean band, they're so good. Also you are free to stay in the RFS-just tell Dyre I sent you. Haha!! :)

Just a little over 2 months from now. Ive been on her a few times. Excited to be back.

• 3 weeks later...

Stacy,

Thank you so much for the great review. I however, can not see your photos??? Is there something I need to do with my computer?

I am just down the road from you in Wooster. We cruise RCL quite and are D+ as well. Did you attend the Diamond event in the evenings? How was it? I have not been on this ship for over 20 years, we have really stayed with the larger ships because of the kids. I think it will be fun for us to go back on this ship (by ourselves!!)

Thanks!

Jodi

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Stacey, you so nailed so many thoughts I had when I sailed MJ (i.e., "I don't like hearing that last "Ding" of the Seapass card. That is a bad, bad sound.) I'm such a fan of this ship myself and will sail aboard her, G-d willing, this December. Reading another Roll Call for her today led me to your post and it truly is The Definitive Majesty Review. I kept finding myself agreeing -- out loud! -- with comments and observations you made. Thank you so much for this CC Travelog; I'll be looking at it many times again, I'm sure.

• 2 months later...
Stacey, you so nailed so many thoughts I had when I sailed MJ (i.e., "I don't like hearing that last "Ding" of the Seapass card. That is a bad, bad sound.) I'm such a fan of this ship myself and will sail aboard her, G-d willing, this December. Reading another Roll Call for her today led me to your post and it truly is The Definitive Majesty Review. I kept finding myself agreeing -- out loud! -- with comments and observations you made. Thank you so much for this CC Travelog; I'll be looking at it many times again, I'm sure.

Hi, thanks for such kind comments! I appreciate them :) Happy New Year.

This review is so good. Thank you so much what a lovely cruise for you and your parents. The "Majesty" is also my favorite ship. It does feel like going home as you walk thru to the WJ and familiar faces greet you. So many have been working on this boat for years. I head to the Taco or Pasta Bar they are soooooooo good. I eat it almost every day. Also love the Deli Cuban sandwiches. Walking out to the pool after lunch to same recorded pool music that is the Majesty. Put your towel on the chair, relax and know you are home. :) Love the steam room. The staff is the best ever. Love to get up in the morning 5:30 and go up to Sorrento's for early coffee, sit just outside the sliding doors and watch the ship come alive. I do prefer the 4 day to the 3 day. All good but 3 day is more of a weekend party. Thanks again for the time you spent on this review. It is Fantastic!!!

Staci, I hope you see this. You say at the beginning of this thread that you have stayed in many places in Ft. Lauderdale. Can you give me some recommendations? This might be the first time I fly down a day early. All I need is clean, would like inexpensive (relatively) as I just need a place to crash for the night, and not far from the airport or cruise port.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Staci, I hope you see this. You say at the beginning of this thread that you have stayed in many places in Ft. Lauderdale. Can you give me some recommendations? This might be the first time I fly down a day early. All I need is clean, would like inexpensive (relatively) as I just need a place to crash for the night, and not far from the airport or cruise port.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Hey! Sure, I'd be glad to. I will give you a few and then you can check out what works best for you.

Hotels are getting really expensive in Ft. Lauderdale, so if these are too high, let me know and I can look further. Also, I'm not sure if you're already aware of this site, but I book everything on lastminutetravel.com. They give you better prices and the cancellation policy allows you to cancel up to 3 days before in most cases. Check them out. They don't always give you the hotel name to start, but if you simulate a booking and add on an excursion...they wll show you the hotel.

#1 Recommendation is the Courtyard Ft. Lauderdale Beach on Seabreeze Blvd. I know you said you just want to crash for the night, but this one is right on the beach basically (A1A separates the property from the beach) and you can walk to CVS and 7/11 if you need to. There are also many restaurants right there. 5-10 minute cab ride to the port (10 min from the airport). Sometimes this one can get pricey, but it's my favorite spot if you can snag a deal. If you end up paying over $200, in my opinion, stay here, it's worth it.

#2 Would be the Crowne Plaza Ft. Lauderdale Airport. It's on US1 and a really nice place. 5 minutes from the aiport and to the port. Maybe not even.

#3 Would be the Hyatt Regency Pier 66, right across from the port and a 5-10 minute ride from the aiport. Also a really nice place, probably pretty high priced though.

#4...I liked the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Airport on Griffin Rd b/c they are pretty inexpensive and right at the airport, but there probably is a lot of construction going on there now...they are building a new runway and just tore down the hotel's garage I think. You might want to skip, but check pricing just in case, if the construction wouldnt bother you. This one is not around anything at all, but has a really nice pool area. 5 minutes to the port. Easy to get a cab at this place.

I think you're going in March - not sure of the dates but for the heck of it I threw in 3/8 and the prices are pretty high. Doesn't look like you can get much for under $200. Looks like the Hilton FLL Aiport (if you can deal w/ construction) or the Crowne Plaza will be your best deals, and those aren't even cheap. All of the places I've stayed at and would recommend are not really inexpensive at this time of year.

There is one more place I can mention, and that's the Cocobelle Resort on Vistamar right off A1A. A tad bit further north on Ft. Lauderdale Beach and your cab ride would be a little more expensive (not by much), but it's in an area with mom and pop type resorts. You'd have to call to get a cab, etc. This place you can snag a deal at, we stayed in February for around $119 a night. Really clean place, small, but it does the trick. Family owned. But again, to get anywhere you'd need a cab.

If you need anything else, let me know.

This review is so good. Thank you so much what a lovely cruise for you and your parents. The "Majesty" is also my favorite ship. It does feel like going home as you walk thru to the WJ and familiar faces greet you. So many have been working on this boat for years. I head to the Taco or Pasta Bar they are soooooooo good. I eat it almost every day. Also love the Deli Cuban sandwiches. Walking out to the pool after lunch to same recorded pool music that is the Majesty. Put your towel on the chair, relax and know you are home. :) Love the steam room. The staff is the best ever. Love to get up in the morning 5:30 and go up to Sorrento's for early coffee, sit just outside the sliding doors and watch the ship come alive. I do prefer the 4 day to the 3 day. All good but 3 day is more of a weekend party. Thanks again for the time you spent on this review. It is Fantastic!!!

Hi, thank you so much!! Nice to hear that there's another Majesty fan out there :)

I smiled at your comment about walking out onto the pool deck after lunch to that same recorded music. That is the Majesty...you are exactly right. I like the steam room too!

We just booked a 4-nighter in May, so I can't wait. Might be our last time on her, which I can't even think about b/c it's so sad!

Thanks again for the comments, have a good night.

A very big thank you for this wonderful trip report! I just booked this same cruise for August 4, 2014, and will definitely be referring back to it when planning.

I especially appreciated all of the pictures and being able to see the Cruise Compass ahead of time.

Thanks again!!!