Best time on the Balcony?

Ironmen

I spend a lot of time on our balcony as I'm the type of person that likes a little "peace and quiet" and time alone during the day, so I usually spend 1-2 hours on our balcony in the afternoon reading.

I also love ordering room service breakfast and having it on the balcony. It's my favorite way to start the day.

And we quite often will sit out on the balcony, gazing at the stars and talking about our day just before we go to sleep.

Our last cruise we had our very first aft balcony and I spent even more time out there than normal. It was so awesome to have the back view, to watch the wake of the ship, and when leaving ports (especially when cruising down the river from New Orleans to get to the ocean, that was fantastic!). I was able to have a lounger on the balcony so I spent time in the mornings and afternoons reading and relaxing. It was great! Side balconies are great, but now that I've experienced an aft balcony I hope we can get one of those for our next cruise too, or better yet an aft wrap! :)

The DW is excited about having the balcony on the upcoming cruise. What is everyone's favorite time to spend on the balcony?

Our favorite time is late afternoon, after 4:00, to sunset. After a day of sunning on deck, eating, playing trivia, eating, drinking, eating, etc, we grab our books and sit and listen to the ocean go by. We usually order chocolate chip cookies and milk from room service and enjoy them while we relax.

i loved all my time -- in the morning at sun rise -- in the evening just after dusk -- seeing the millions of flying fish skirt by -- late at night in the total darkness where you can only hear the wind and the wake --

we got balconies when we first cruised as we were smokers -- both SO and I quit smoking on Dec 15th of last year (today is our 5 month) but we booked a balcony for our next cruise (with the $$$ we saved from not smoking -- $600 a month is a LOT of $$$!!!)

Congrats!!!:D

Love enjoying private time on the balcony with DH. . . . sometimes we have binoculars, and we have seen flying fish, dolphins, and always love trying to figure out what that ship in the distance is/who it belongs to. It is so much better than trying to get to the rail to see what is happening when you are on deck with so many people! I also love watching sunrise, or moonrise. Even love going out and just listening to the sea as the ship goes through. I know you will become addicted to balconies :)

I love waking up and seeing my DH and 6 yo Grandaughter sitting out on balconies in hotel rooms "just talking" during road trips. It is a special bonding time for them.

We will be taking our Grandaughter on her first cruise in March and I can't wait to wake up and see them spending this precious time together.

On cruise Legend cruise last September I slept on the balcony for 5 of the nights including coming back in to Tampa. Loved the sound of the ship moving through the gulf. There was enough of a breeze that it was very comfortable temperature wise.

The bridge at that time of the morning is pretty cool looking.

Archived