Italian Riveria in December??

TNTKP

This is a question to all you experienced Cruisers: We'll be cruising Italy, Egypt, Greece from Nov. 28 thru Dec 8, 2005 from Savona. Was planning a couple of post cruise nights in Genoa (since we have the time, and have travelled all that way). My questions are: Is it worth a couple of nights post cruise in December?? Is the weather going to be just too awful?? Any place more interesting to stay a couple of nights post cruise nearby?? Thanks in advance for all the help.

Tim

• 1 month later...

We're returning to Savona on Nov. 28, the day you depart! Are you by any chance sailing on Costa Europa? (And have you heard anything about this cruiseline and/or ship?)

We've booked a couple of pre-cruise days in Genoa (with plans to hike the Cinque Terra one day) and hope, like you, that the weather will cooperate. Vacation planner websites indicate temps from mid-40s to 60-ish, which are even higher than we had last Thanksgiving in Paris and the previous Thanksgiving in Eastern Europe, and we were out and about all day every day!

Good luck in your planning -- I get excited just watching the Costa webcams and counting down the minutes, tho there's lots more I hope to learn before the big day arrives. Perhaps we'll be almost-shipmates passing in the crowds loading and unloading at the cruise terminal. If you have any special tips, please feel free to share....

And bon voyage from the "Travelin' Texans"!!! :):)

Neenaval,

Sorry, but we are booked on the Fortuna,.... Seems Costa is doing a ship switch, with the Fortuna doing the Med, and the Europa to the Canaries starting the 28th of November, 2005...

I just keep reading these boards, and asking a lot of questions through my travel agent and directly through Costa.

We are getting a little nervous right now due to the recent events in Egypt. We'll have to see how things go the next couple of weeks there.... we really hope to do this cruise and see Rome and the Pyramids!!!

The weather is a bit of a concern, however, will probably mean less tourists which would be a real plus. Also, we are not hot weather fans, so cooler temperatures are welcomed!

Good luck,

Tim

Archived