Cannes to Antibes and Nice?

calvin81

We are stopping in Cannes in early June and I don't think we'll need all day there. Wanted to go to Nice and saw on a map that Antibes is on the way. What would be the best way to do this? Does the train have a stop that we could get off and then get back on with the same ticket? Or would the bus be better? I worry about sitting in traffic, but wonder if the bus stations are more convenient for walking to the sights in each place.

We are stopping in Cannes in early June and I don't think we'll need all day there. Wanted to go to Nice and saw on a map that Antibes is on the way. What would be the best way to do this? Does the train have a stop that we could get off and then get back on with the same ticket? Or would the bus be better? I worry about sitting in traffic, but wonder if the bus stations are more convenient for walking to the sights in each place.

I don't know if you can buy a ticket to get on and off on either the train or the bus - perhaps someone else does. But for both Nice and Antibes the bus drop-off would involve less walking. The train station in Antibes is a somewhat confusing 15-20 minute walk (experience from a walk from train station on a day trip on a cruise) but the bus drop off is right in the heart of city (memory from a land trip venture). The Nice main bus station is close to the old town and the train station there is a bit of a hike.

Bus from Cannes is right at that circle that is at the end of the docks. Train station is about a 10 minute walk. Net, net, bus is a little harder to figure out, but pick ups and drop offs more central and it is dirt cheap. As to frequency - you might have to google schedules (a bus to each and train back for speed might be a good option).

Archived