Vision drydock?

I read somewhere, I think it was in the review section here, that Vision is going into drydock in 2006. Does anyone know for sure and what month. They also said it was going to be stretched? Maybe it will then include a CC lounge for GS and up passengers?? That would be nice.

I have heard it is in January or February..........and it will not be stretched but just time for an overhaul. We are sailing on her in October before the dry dock. I'll see if I can find where that date is.........but I have seen the date.

I just called RCI. They said it was in the first two weeks of Jan '06.

He told me the dates but I neglected to write them down. I told

him I was planning to book for Jan 29th and he said no problem.

He didn't have any specific information as to what was being done

but it didn't sound too major.

Hi Morriscats,

We have sailed many times with RCI and always to the Mexican Riveria. We only live 20 minutes from the ships terminal from our house so its easy for us to sail away, no flying anywhere to get to the ship. We like the service we have received from RCI and the ships have alway been nice, the staff friendly and the food was good to excelent. Ever since RCI moved Rhapsody of the Seas to Los Angeles we get a Jr.Suite most of the time the same cabin 8534.

Yes there have a couple of times we have had problems, but nothing would make me change to another cruise lines, the where small things that can happen but no big deal. We know quite a few waiters and head waiters, bar tenders and staff on the Visions of the Seas and its alway nice to see them each time we cruise, they all ways make you feel at home.

Another reason we do Mexico is that you have a day at sea going before you start the ports then 2 days at sea just to relax on your return to Los Angeles.

We also get the same driver in Mazatlan and we pay him a flat fee and he takes us anywhere we want, he even has taken us to is home to meet his wife and kids and his mother. We our well known at Senor Frog's in Mazatlan, everyone there knows us and they even have a picture of Barbara and I hanging on the wall. Its a great place for lunch and to party it up before going back to the ship. We have gone their every time we have started to cruise to Mexico 1992.

Dennis

Dennis,

We liked Mercury for the same reason - just an hour away and we were onboard. Have you ever done Randi's Happy Horses in Mazatlan. That is the highlight of our time in Mazatlan. Last time we did not ride, just waited at Victors with his famous Shrimp and chatted with Randi at that beautiful and quiet beach. As far as I can tell, Mercury is not doing the S.F. to Mexico this year. Will miss it.

I just looked up the Vision schedule on the RCI website. She has a 10 day scheduled on Dec. 23 and a 3 day scheduled on Jan 12. Then she resumes her normal 7 day Mexican Riviera schedule on Jan 15. She will probably be in drydock between Jan 2 - 12. I was looking at the Jan 12 date as a quick get-away for our anniversary cruise. It looks as if all the balconies are sold out. Drat. :(

Morriscats,

No we don't horseback ride, however many of our Meet & Mingle Party members did and the loved it, they did the moring ride and met us at Senor Frog's for lunch later that day.

It looks like Jan 2-12th are the dates for drydock.

Dennis

Archived