P&O or Princess with a nearly 8 month old?

cmgallag

Hi All

I'm currently in the process of twisting my husband's arm to agree to go on a Fjords cruise with our baby in August. Princess and P&O have the most reasonable prices and I was wondering if anybody had had any experiences with either when travelling with a baby. The P&O website is really informative and says that they provide sterilisers, formula and Hipp baby food but I can't find anything on the Princess website. I've read that Princess are more relaxed about dress code (definitely needed now!) which appeals to me more but it's just the lack of info regarding everything else that I'm interested in.

thanks for any thoughts!

I wouldn't say that Princess' dress code is relaxed, but I have been on P&O to compare. It is certainly more formal than Disney/Carnival/RCCL. On Princess, your baby will have to be over 6 months to cruise.

From Princess' website:

Princess is happy to meet your request for low-sodium, low-fat, low-sugar and vegetarian diets. Visit Cruise Personalizer® to indicate your dietary preferences.

In addition, kosher meals and baby food are available upon advance written request. Any other special diet requests must be authorized in advance by the Princess corporate office.

You or your travel agent must advise Princess in writing of any special diet, allergies or medical needs. Requests must be received no later than 35 days prior to departure for cruises to Alaska, Canada/New England, Caribbean, Hawaii, Mexico, Panama Canal and Coastal Getaways. For all other cruises, requests must be received no later than 65 days prior to departure. Once onboard, please check with the Maitre D' to confirm your request.

Cruiselines used to puree food on request, but have stopped that because of cross contamination issues and the possibility of reactions. Princess (and all the other lines I've sailed) won't provide formula either.

• 3 weeks later...

Princess will provide baby food if you request it online before your cruise. They don't guarantee any specific flavor since they usually buy it in bulk from Gerber. Room service was very accommodating about bring warm milk for our son, but he was 2, so he was able to enjoy a lot of Princess' amenities, including meals at the buffet and in the MDR.

There was quite a few babies on our last P & O Ventura cruise. I spoke to a few of the parents and they all seemed very happy with night nursery etc. One lady told me she had been given a tin of Aptamil for her 8 month old, which was what she was using at home.

Archived