Live and Almost Live from Carnival Sunshine, May 17-26, 2013

Not sure about that - I was in Cinque Terre much of the day. Don't think I was on Deck 5 at all. Uploading pictures now. Full day tour tomorrow. Maybe the day after I could find him in the later afternoon. Maybe. :D

No worries, I did think it would be a bit of a big coincidence considering the size of the ship and the amount of people on-board! :)

Amy how is Dave getting on?

Busy busy but making progress I think :D

He had 11 pages of faults which they are working through gradually, seemed to be getting on ok but said today it had taken them 6 hours to sort 4 speakers, which I guess was a bit frustrating for them!

:)

I just wanted to comment on the self serve beer. Some of the people I sailed with tried the ss beer and reported that they got about half a glass because it was extremely foamy. I didn't try it because when were got back from excursions and needed a beer (or two) we were out at the Red Frog bar out by the pool.

If one knows how to pour beer, it won't be as foamy, but if one glass gets full, why not have a second standing by to fill up, as well? I haven't tried it, but think it is a method that would work.

I think the issues I have heard about have work around solutions.

Hi Sarge. Thank you very much for your wonderful pictures. I need a favour. The thing is that we're on the June 16th sailing and have booked 2 rooms, 10121 & 10123. The customer care people confirm that these are interconnecting rooms from the inside but on the website the deck plans don't confirm the same. Could you please physically verify the same since we'll have my two kids sleep in the connecting room, which might become a big issue in case the rooms are not connected from the inside. I hope it's not too much to ask and it won't be of inconvenience to you. Thanks a ton in advance and have a wonderful time...:)

There is no way for me to physically verify anything inside someone else's cabin. The occupants tend not to like that. I'll think about alternates.

We are first time cruisers and are thankful for your efforts to report from aboard and the pics! Hope that all quarks will be ironed out by our July 19th date :) Could you let me know - is drinking water readily available by the cabins? do we need to bring bottled water on board or I was thinking to bring a Britta filter (?)

Thanks!

-Eva

We are first time cruisers and are thankful for your efforts to report from aboard and the pics! Hope that all quarks will be ironed out by our July 19th date :) Could you let me know - is drinking water readily available by the cabins? do we need to bring bottled water on board or I was thinking to bring a Britta filter (?)

Thanks!

-Eva

You could drink right from the faucet. There are three 1.5 liter bottles stocked in our stateroom for a fee. Any bar will sell you bottled water if desired. Or you can pick up in port and bring on. Etc.

I do have a Brita water bottle filter and not sure it does anything.

Archived