Woody? No response? Woody vs. Sheppee/ Bumpiing?

lawgirl

Hello. I have emailed Woody twice this week about his tour, but no response? Emailed Monday, then yesterday. Yes, I know I am impatient! Is it normal for it to take 4 or more days for him to respond?

If he is full or won't respond, how does Sheppee or Bumpiing compare? We have done Titou Gorge and Middleham falls before (NEVER again for Middleham....too much of a hike with no water provided.... Not fun!). We wanted to try some different sites this time, preferably with small group. Open to reasonable hikes, snorkeling, etc. Don't want typical cruise excursion crowds.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Lol I can FB him & let him know your trying to contact him... What's your first name?

How sweet of you! Jolinda...jbabcockatrobinsonlawingdotcom....I sent him two emails, no Facebook messages! What a great person you are!! Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

Very spotty responses from him. It is like pulling teeth! I think I may be booked, but I am not sure...I do not have any details. I hope I am booked, but I have no price, etc. I wait days or weeks for responses. Maybe because it is off season?

Very spotty responses from him. It is like pulling teeth! I think I may be booked, but I am not sure...I do not have any details. I hope I am booked, but I have no price, etc. I wait days or weeks for responses. Maybe because it is off season?

Well, if that isn't just poor business. I've heard good things about him, hoping to book with him, but haven't heard from him. Hope you get some confirmation soon. Maybe you could find a number and call him to confirm?

Just wondering what kind of prices Woody has quoted recently. I just received an email from him, offering his assistant for the day. This would be for a family of four (two children under 9) and includes snacks/drinks. Wondering what his going rate is, I felt it was a little costly and wanted to get a feel from those who have done his tour.

Success!! Woody emailed me all details and we are confirmed with his assistant! He is just busy and as I guessed, it is off season. He was very apologetic. We are excited! Even though it is his assistant, she got good reviews too and it sounds fun! Btw, I agree I think he keeps up with FB more than email. Yeah!

Success!! Woody emailed me all details and we are confirmed with his assistant! He is just busy and as I guessed, it is off season. He was very apologetic. We are excited! Even though it is his assistant, she got good reviews too and it sounds fun! Btw, I agree I think he keeps up with FB more than email. Yeah!

Oh good for you!! He emailed me today as well, said it would be with his assistant. I'm curious about your plans, did he give you any indication what you would be doing? He quoted us $300 for four people with his assistant and I hope that isn't just the price of a taxi driver for the day. Wondering what you have planned :)

Oh good for you!! He emailed me today as well, said it would be with his assistant. I'm curious about your plans, did he give you any indication what you would be doing? He quoted us $300 for four people with his assistant and I hope that isn't just the price of a taxi driver for the day. Wondering what you have planned :)

Check out the reviews on trip advisor. They are very good. I think $300 sounds extremely reasonable.... I would have thought it would be more for 4 of you. it is Less than we are paying pp, but perhaps it is less because you have children. Usually private day long tours are in the range of $100 pp, give or take, especially with a group this small. I was happy with our price and very excited! While I have never toured with Woody (we, too, are with his assistant), I really doubt it is like a taxi type tour.

I am not too worried about what we are doing exactly... I figure they are pro guides and will take us to cool places.... off the beaten path! I have done tons of private tours and find that the guide knows the best places. I have always been pleased. Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

We did a tour with woody in April and we had such a good time. We did the tour with another couple that was on our ship. Woody drove us all over the island and then took us to a quiet beach for drinks and snacks and a swim.

I did notice on Facebook that he was out of the country for a few weeks and he is now back. Great guy.

Archived