First time cruiser questions- princess 2 night June

britichick

Hi all, just booked for a 2 day mini cruise on the Royal Princess in June, I have never cruised before so really excited but a little bit apprehensive too.

I have a few questions, if that's ok?

I've booked the holiday inn at Sothampton with parking, I read some where that you can walk to the terminal, is that with suitcases? And is there only 1 terminal?

What time would you recommend getting there, can board from 12

Luggage, how much are you allowed to take?

Water bottles- I don't go anywhere without a water bottle, can I take a few on the case with me? The travel agent said it was just like going through airport security so you couldn't take liquids in your hand luggage but I read you can take a bottle of wine each on board with princess, but it should be in your hand luggage!

Sorry for all the questions....there may be more LOL, thank you

Hi Britchick

I have also posted this response on the thread you created on 'first time cruisers'

There are 2 x 2 night preview cruises in June before ships maiden Voyage.

The roll call for the 9th is here:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com....php?t=1779246

And for the 14th:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com....php?t=1772686

Please do come over to the roll call to join in the fun. Also on the roll calls is some great information about the hotels people are in and how the are getting to the terminal. Royal will be eaving from Ocean terminal, there is also Mayflower, City, and QE2 terminals.

If you have not seen it, here is an excellent thread (probably one of the best ever on Cruise Critic) regarding the Royal Princess:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com....php?t=1766069

As I see you are new to cruising and to Cruise Critic, you should know that Royal Princess is still in Italy being built!! The preview cruises will not be like a proper cruise, there might be somethings not open, or work still being done to finish the ship. It will however be a great 2 nights on board.

Hi all, just booked for a 2 day mini cruise on the Royal Princess in June, I have never cruised before so really excited but a little bit apprehensive too.

I have a few questions, if that's ok?

I've booked the holiday inn at Sothampton with parking, I read some where that you can walk to the terminal, is that with suitcases? And is there only 1 terminal?

There are several terminals. We are on 9th June. It would probably be quite a walk with luggage.

What time would you recommend getting there, can board from 12

We plan to get there around 11.30

Luggage, how much are you allowed to take?

On a 2 day we plan to take only hand luggage, 2 small trolley cases and a bag but there is no restriction. Lager suitcases will have to be checked in

Water bottles- I don't go anywhere without a water bottle, can I take a few on the case with me? The travel agent said it was just like going through airport security so you couldn't take liquids in your hand luggage but I read you can take a bottle of wine each on board with princess, but it should be in your hand luggage!

You can take them in hand luggage. They may check if there is really water in the bottles and not alcohol. Checked luggage will be scanned also. They can be quite picky at Southampton.

Sorry for all the questions....there may be more LOL, thank you

Answers to your questions in red. Have a good cruise..

You beat me to it Dave. :D

Thank you, so airline carry on cases would be fine as your carry on then? The cabin will be ready when we embark won't it?

Hi Britichick, no restriction on luggage. I'm also on this sailing. Take whatever you need!

A 2 night cruise is not a true reflection of taking a longer cruise. Enjoy it but bear in mind that your time on board is very limited. I hope you enjoy it enough that it makes you want to take a longer trip. Either way the Royal looks and sounds amazing and I'm sure you'll have a lovely time.

Hi There

Which cruise are you doing,

your cabin will be ready whenyou board,

although only two nights one is formal

yours Shogun

We're on the 14th June, Shogun are you a Disney person too or is the user name a coincidence?

Hi There

Welcome to our cruise drop in on the roll call, see swiss dave post above for the link

and meet the rest of the gang,

my name comes from my dog, whos name came from the car.

yours Shogun

Archived