Size of sofa bed in Penthouse Suites

If it is anything like the size of the ones in the Aft PH's on the Star it was small. More like a double than a queen and not nearly as big as the sofa beds in the mini-suites on the Sun. If it is the smaller size two teens will not fit. The bigger bed in the mini-suite just barely fit our 18 year old son and he is normal size.

If it is anything like the size of the ones in the Aft PH's on the Star it was small. More like a double than a queen and not nearly as big as the sofa beds in the mini-suites on the Sun. If it is the smaller size two teens will not fit. The bigger bed in the mini-suite just barely fit our 18 year old son and he is normal size.

I was in the smallest penthouse on the Sun in January. The sofa bed was a least twice the size of aft star penthouse. I have a picture later but looks like a queen with 3 full cushions across.

Which PH will you be in? We were in 9076 last year and while the couch looks large, the bed actually opens side ways and isn't as big as you'd think. My two girls were 9 & 7 when we sailed and they fit comfortably but I think it'd could be uncomfortable for two teenagers. I would say its no larger than a double.

Here's what the couch looks like

ry%3D400

In this one you can kind of tell how much wider the bed gets than the frame of the couch itself.

ry%3D400

I wish I would have taken more pictures of the bed open, but I guess I never thought of it! Hope this helps a little.

Two teens?

Age, sex?

Not so sure about this. Keep in mind that the aft penthouses are one large room. One bathroom. No separation at all.

For my money, side by side balconies or a balcony with kids across the hall in an inside is way better. Just my opinion, not all will agree.

Two teens?

Age, sex?

Not so sure about this. Keep in mind that the aft penthouses are one large room. One bathroom. No separation at all.

For my money, side by side balconies or a balcony with kids across the hall in an inside is way better. Just my opinion, not all will agree.

Gary you are taking about the wrong ship. The aft penthouses on the Sun are huge with a separate bedroom with doors to close of the sleeping areas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Two teens?

Age, sex?

Not on the Sun.. The aft corner penthouses are two separate rooms with bathroom accessible from both rooms, two showers too!

My daughters and their boyfriends (all adults, good sized too, boys are 6'6" and 6'2") all shared this suite last year. They took turn on bedroom / sofa bed and did just fine. Not like having two separate suites, but good enough. They preferred this arrangement to having some share the OS with us.

Robin

I was in 9201 this year and that was where the picture was from. I did not open the sofa but I did in 8202 last cruise and it was a full length sofa bed and my 6'2" adult son did not have to sleep sidewise. Worse case have them bring in a rollaway at night.

Which PH will you be in? We were in 9076 last year and while the couch looks large, the bed actually opens side ways and isn't as big as you'd think. My two girls were 9 & 7 when we sailed and they fit comfortably but I think it'd could be uncomfortable for two teenagers. I would say its no larger than a double.

Here's what the couch looks like

ry%3D400

In this one you can kind of tell how much wider the bed gets than the frame of the couch itself.

ry%3D400

I wish I would have taken more pictures of the bed open, but I guess I never thought of it! Hope this helps a little.

We are in 9076 also. Thanks for the pictures. It may be a bit tight for them, but we will see. They are 5' 8'' and 5' 7''.

I was in 9201 this year and that was where the picture was from. I did not open the sofa but I did in 8202 last cruise and it was a full length sofa bed and my 6'2" adult son did not have to sleep sidewise. Worse case have them bring in a rollaway at night.

I didn't know it was possible to get a rollaway bed. Would we have to request that ahead of time or just when we get on board? Thanks!

Archived