Cozumel Island Tours?

august_cruiser

My husband and I are just back from Cozumel. We did not use the one you are asking about, we took www.cozumeltours.com and had the time of our lives! It was very personalized and informative. You can stop anywhere you want for as long as you want.

The ship cancelled the evening snorkle we were signed up for so we asked Nelda, our tour guide, if we could do some snorkling, no problem. She took us to Dzul Ha and for $10 each we rented snorkle equipment. We were happy the ship cancelled, we saved money and had a great time at our own pace.

Nelda took lots and lots of pictures and will be sending us a disk, I can't wait to get it! It will be nice to have pictures with the both of us in them.

Isn't it risky to book your own excursion - if you are late will Carnival leave you standed? I am really looking toward Cozumel. My DH really want to see the Ruins and I think that Paradise Beach is a winner.

:)

Hola,

Yes, in some ports I would be leery of booking on my own, but Cozumel is not one of them. You can catch a taxi about anywhere you want. Most cruisetours are short so they can herd you through the tourist traps and sell you their trinkets. With a local guide you can customize your time frame to suit your needs. If you feel uneasy about missing the boat, hire a reputable local. Do your research on these boards, let him (or her) know what you want and have a ball. All of our tour guides have been great, and the last thing that they want is a bad review. They will do their best to get you back to the boat on time.

San Gervasio is a nice tour and Paradise has rave reviews. I wish that I could go with you.:)

Archived