Early flight out of FLL

KTRuby

So I realize now I probably made a mistake but I booked an 11:45am flight out of FLL after my Glory cruise in Miami over Christmas. It is too early a flight to book a transfer through Carnival so I'm a little nervous. This will be my platinum cruise so I should be able to disembark on the early side. Will I be ok with a taxi? Is there another option I'm not thinking of? Other than paying a small fortune to change the ticket of course :)

That's scary. We booked our flight out of FLL at 3:00.

You never know if the ship gets held up by one person who doesn't show up or get off the ship and it won't clear.

Also concerned about the long lines at security. I know ATL is saying 2 hours to get through.

You may want to reconsider. JMHO

My rule of thought is that if I am wondering if the flight is to early, then it is. I don't want to be worrying about my flight home in the days leading up to and while I am on vacation.

Well, it's already booked so it is what it is. I do appreciate the suggestions for the limo company and I'll most likely do that. Last Christmas I was off the ship at 8 and only once was I delayed for several hours in Baltimore but we made that 12:30 flight also. I think I'll take the chance and not pay lots of extra $ now and risk being stranded in sunny South Florida for an extra day!

I would arrange a ride with SAS or Larry's Limos rather than taking a taxi all the way from Port of Miami to FLL.

Definitely check out Sas or Larry's Limos as my SIL & BIL paid over $70 for a taxi from Miami cruiseport to FLL. That was at least 2 years ago.

You should be FINE. We booked a 5PM from FLL back to Islip NY, as it was the only nonstop. Got off the Breeze with self debarkation and were at the airport by 9. Just make sure you do SELF debarkation and pray for no issues with Customs. Good luck!!!! :D

You do have one thing in your favor for making the flight on time. Because it is December and you're flying to New Jersey, there's a reasonable chance that even mild weather will delay your flight. Only two of our departures to the Chicago/Milwaukee region have been on time in December. (Hope for some on the day of your flight home!)

We booked an 11:45 out of FLL 2 years ago, and lo and behold, in the middle of the night, we rerouted to an island for a medical emergency. Needless to say, we didn't make our flight (ship came in at 1:00 pm), and there were no flights to ATL (our home), so we ended up having to stay overnight. So, we learned our lesson not to book a flight before noon again. Luckily, we had insurance so all of our out of pocket expenses were reimbursed (about $500).

Archived