The Arizona Cruisers Invade the Allure of the Seas, April 28, 2013 ~ A Pictorial Revi

I would recommend a tour on St. Thomas. Most good tour operators will take you to the island highlights, including some good view points and give you a couple of hours at Sapphire Beach or any beach of your choice. I personally recommend Sunny Liston. He has never let us down and is a lot of fun! A tour is an economical alternative to taking a taxi from place to place on the island.

In St, Martin I would recommend Bernard's standard tour for your first time there. We did a more customized tour since we have all been there before and wanted more time to shop in Marigot and also at Maho. Don't miss Orient Beach if you haven't seen it before. It is a beautiful beach - and you might see some bonus scenery.:rolleyes:

Would that be the "Hogs on the high seas" cruise? I sailed on the Freedom a few years ago and had the pleasure of encountering the Hogs. It was in November of 09 or 10. At first my group was pretty apprehensive about cruising with a bunch of bikers. We were wrong, great bunch of people. It was just that we didn't know about the biker group until 2 weeks before the cruise. It was too late to change our plans. We had a lot of fun with those folks. Not exactly the "Hells Angels" lol. We sailed on the Allure in 2012, great ship and a great time. We are on the Oasis on the Nov. 2nd sailing. Liked the Allure so much thought we would try her sister out. I think they made the Allure 1" longer just to call it the largest ship in the world. I would like to have seen the guy with the measuring tape working his was from stem to stern, hahahah.

• 4 weeks later...
I forgot to mention that Sue & Rick had arranged a "Home Town Gift Exchange" for our M&M. How did I forget that? Everyone who wanted to participate brought a gift of up to $15 that represented their home town or state. We than stood in a circle while Audie read a story that kept repeating "left" or "right" That is the way we passed the gifts until we all ended up with a gift. It got a little confusing and silly, but we all had a great time!

DSC07922-L.jpg

I wonder if my contribution, the Columbus Curling T-shirt has seen the light of day?

After awhile many of us in the Roll Call decided to go to the MDR for lunch together.

DSC08407-L.jpg

DSC08408-L.jpg

DSC08409-L.jpg

I loved the Tutti Salad

DSC08405-L.jpg

And I also had the very best dessert crepe I think I have ever had

DSC08412-L.jpg

Lunch in the main dining room was another thing I didn't do on Allure that is still in the somewhat secret category. It was one of my better lunches on Allure this time or last. This might have been Sue's idea, but the cabin crawl and this lunch made for a nice sea day.

I wonder if my scorpion lollipop ever got eaten!:eek::D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Yikes! I didn't see that gift. We devoured our Gourmet Kentucky Bourbon Chocolates and will use our "How to Throw a Derby Party" guide next May.

Thanks for the awesome review! I saw a couple photos of a couple we met on a cruise a few years ago, Wayman and Lynn McCoy. Wow! You know you've been cruising awhile when you start recognizing people in random pictures. Loved your review and hope to see you folks on a cruise one of these days!

• 3 months later...

I absolutely loved your trip report!

I just booked the Allure for next June. We are in an OV balcony on 8th deck mid-ship right near the stairs. It was the only balcony available on 8th and I think it was not booked because it's room 666 :p But oh well - I think it's a great location and thanks for confirming this in your review!

Loved all the amazing photos you took and enjoyed your writing style and tone! I know how time-consuming it must be to do all this so Thanks so much for sharing!!!

:) JazZ

Three weeks later this still rattles me to read it and all I did was watch. I'm surprised Lisa hasn't gotten a bill from the city for the sidewalk damage.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

6 months later I still have difficulty reading that part.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Ginny,

I must say I'm glad to have read the one on the Jewel cruise first and know that Lisa was good to go on that one. What a horrible experience on all counts! But please know that two years later your reviews are still valuable and enjoyable. You have a real gift for writing that makes the reader almost feel a part of your group. I read where someone already said you made them wish they could move to AZ and join up. I had already had that same thought a couple of posts earlier! Thanks again for seeming like a friend and sharing your information and your fun!

Sally

Edited by warm47

Ginny,

I must say I'm glad to have read the one on the Jewel cruise first and know that Lisa was good to go on that one. What a horrible experience on all counts! But please know that two years later your reviews are still valuable and enjoyable. You have a real gift for writing that makes the reader almost feel a part of your group. I read where someone already said you made them wish they could move to AZ and join up. I had already had that same thought a couple of posts earlier! Thanks again for seeming like a friend and sharing your information and your fun!

Sally

Thank you so much, Sally. We would love to have you out here, but I hope we do not come across as an exclusive group. We love "adopting" new friends from all over!:)

Thank you so much, Sally. We would love to have you out here, but I hope we do not come across as an exclusive group. We love "adopting" new friends from all over!:)

No indeed, you sound very friendly to all. That is part of what makes your reviews interesting. Hope you are planning write more of them!

Sally :)

• 5 months later...
Looking at this more than 2 years later, I just noticed, above Auddie's head the two people in black standing above the Bridge Wing, that is Gina and I!

That is so funny! You would think we planned it, LOL!:)

You need to head west October 22, 2016. Our next big group adventure is on the Ruby Princess Pacfic Coastal!:D

• 3 months later...
6 months later and I'm still living it too.:(

Lisa, I was wondering how you have been doing since the incident. I had a fall this past April. I was told no concussion, after a CT and MRI. A week later, horrible Vertigo set in. Now, about 9 months later and I still feel the effects. Granted not as horrible, but I may never be the same. :( I was hoping you fared out better than I.

Ginny, I just spend all morning reading your review. And, I could not stop there - I read all the comments from everyone else too! :D Addicting, to say the least. I have been a member here for a bit, but just getting into the boards now!

This year I sail on Allure for the first time. I cannot wait! My cruise style is also usually laid back. The one interesting thing was upon departure, I was looking for something to do in between getting off the ship and my flight at FLL at 3pm. We already did the everglades tour with family two years ago! Was wondering if there is anything else you have heard of that may peak interest for us!

Thanks again for posting. I look forward to finding your many reviews and reading them as I find time!

I also suffered from vertigo for about a year but it finally went away. It recently started coming back. I not sure I would call it vertigo but when laying down or rolling over in bed I get the sensation that I am falling and my head spins similar to the feeling I had when I hit my head. The hospital had told me I didn't have a concussion either but my primary care doctor that treated me when I got home said I absolutely did have a concussion so don't go by that. Hopefully you will soon see some improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And for the debarkation day since you already did Everglades (1st choice) a good alternative is the waterway city tour which we all enjoyed thru the ship excursion. They took us to the Carrie B water taxi and took us all along the waterway seeing all the fancy homes and yachts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk