Independence of the Seas

We've got our first RCI cruise to The Canaries from Southampton in October and have booked a GS. I was wondering what to expect on the IOS. What should we not miss and what should we, if anything avoid. We are not traveling with children. Would be grateful for any advice and tips.

We've got our first RCI cruise to The Canaries from Southampton in October and have booked a GS. I was wondering what to expect on the IOS. What should we not miss and what should we, if anything avoid. We are not traveling with children. Would be grateful for any advice and tips.

Here are the perks in your Grand Suite:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=enhanced_program_for_suite_guests

One of the most unique performances at sea is the ice show.

Thanks for the info. I was wondering what the restaurants and bars are like. The different areas of the ship.

Been on her four times now and still exploring, so much to see and do, just enjoy yourself, as already said do not miss the ice show.

H & V

I will be cruising on Indy in two weeks in a GS so if you post any questions after I come back I will try and answer for you. I am sure you will have an absolutely amazing time on the ship and make sure you use the Concierge Lounge on the same deck as your cabin as they will help you with any queries you have in there :)

I will be cruising on Indy in two weeks in a GS so if you post any questions after I come back I will try and answer for you. I am sure you will have an absolutely amazing time on the ship and make sure you use the Concierge Lounge on the same deck as your cabin as they will help you with any queries you have in there :)

Cheers. Enjoy your holiday.

The helicopter pad on the bow is an area worth a visit. Usually quiet as many people do not seem to know you can go out there (it is closed in bad weather). You just walk along the outside deck 4 and keep going until you come to the steps forward, up those and you are there!

The helicopter pad on the bow is an area worth a visit. Usually quiet as many people do not seem to know you can go out there (it is closed in bad weather). You just walk along the outside deck 4 and keep going until you come to the steps forward, up those and you are there!

Thanks.

That is a really good tip and I will remember that :)

That is a really good tip and I will remember that :)

I saw it on CC a couple of years ago so thought I'd pass it on. It is a terrific feeling to be right out on the bow when she is underway.

Or there are doors on both sides at deck 5 of Pyramid Lounge which will take you to the outside and walk forward to the helipad.

Unless things have changed, only the starboard door of the Pyramid Lounge leads outside to deck 5.

Archived