Hotel for night before Princess cruise out of Brooklyn

5326jan

We are arriving at LGA about 8pm and would like to stay someplace convenient before departing on a Saturday morning on CB to Canada and New England. The pier schedule says Brooklyn, but Princess website says Manhattan or Brooklyn. Do they decide at the last minute? I have heard if we stay at a hotel too close, cabs won't take us to the pier because they won't earn enough fare. :confused: I was going to book at the Marriott in Brooklyn, but that looks very close to the Brooklyn pier. Recommendations please? Thanks in advance!:)

Princess depart from Brooklyn terminal. The only time we left from Manhatten on a princess cruise was when Hurricane Sandy closed Brooklyn terminal last year. We have just booked the Sheraton Brooklyn for our stay before our cruise in October ( we are doing the repositioning cruise to FLL). I have heard the Marriot is also very close by.

Sorry didn't see your comment about taxis. I asked the forum about this before. They said the hotel will organise a town car to take us to the terminal less than a 10 minute drive. I believe yellow cabs dont cruise (sorry the pun) around Brooklyn like they do in manhatten.

The Marriott in Brooklyn is a good choice. We have stayed there twice and were upgraded once. They even gave us a bottle of wine (that we took on the ship) as the room type we booked was not available. They also have a great breakfast brunch.

Sorry didn't see your comment about taxis. I asked the forum about this before. They said the hotel will organise a town car to take us to the terminal less than a 10 minute drive. I believe yellow cabs dont cruise (sorry the pun) around Brooklyn like they do in manhatten.

The Marriott in downtown Brooklyn is a nice hotel. A new Sheraton opened within a couple of blocks of it. These are both in Downtown Brooklyn. I personally like the Marriott better as you can walk into Brooklyn heights or down to Smith Street for a meal-although the hotel restuarant is decent, its still a hotel restaurant in NY(overpriced).

I also suggest you make your own arrangements directly with the car service. Most car "recommended" car services by the hotel are paying extra for that service and pass the cost along to you. Arecibo will charge about $10 from the Marriott to the Brooklyn Cruise terminal...

Shake shack is on the corner of Fulton Street about 100 feet from the Hotel. On Smith Street I recommend LuLuc and a couple of others...reasonably priced good food. There are a couple or really expensive(more than $100 a meal pp) close by that are excellent but you have to decide whether that is for you..

The Marriott in downtown Brooklyn is a nice hotel. A new Sheraton opened within a couple of blocks of it. These are both in Downtown Brooklyn. I personally like the Marriott better as you can walk into Brooklyn heights or down to Smith Street for a meal-although the hotel restuarant is decent, its still a hotel restaurant in NY(overpriced).

I also suggest you make your own arrangements directly with the car service. Most car "recommended" car services by the hotel are paying extra for that service and pass the cost along to you. Arecibo will charge about $10 from the Marriott to the Brooklyn Cruise terminal...

Shake shack is on the corner of Fulton Street about 100 feet from the Hotel. On Smith Street I recommend LuLuc and a couple of others...reasonably priced good food. There are a couple or really expensive(more than $100 a meal pp) close by that are excellent but you have to decide whether that is for you..

Thank you! I have booked the Marriott based on numerous recommendations and contacted Arecibo car service. They don't take reservations, but I have their # programmed into my phone.

We won't get to the airport until around 8, so we'll be looking for something easy for dinner. Probably Pizza! (my favorite) Could anyone tell me a good pizza place.... real NY style, not Dominos, that would either be a safe walk or would deliver to the hotel? Also, where to get wine in the morning before we head to the pier?

Thanks!:)

Thank you! I have booked the Marriott based on numerous recommendations and contacted Arecibo car service. They don't take reservations, but I have their # programmed into my phone.

We won't get to the airport until around 8, so we'll be looking for something easy for dinner. Probably Pizza! (my favorite) Could anyone tell me a good pizza place.... real NY style, not Dominos, that would either be a safe walk or would deliver to the hotel? Also, where to get wine in the morning before we head to the pier?

Thanks!:)

My little Pizza at Court Street and Atlantic. Pretty sure they will deliver.

(718) 643-6120

Heights Chateau,

Towne Liquor Henry and Clark Streets.

http://www.manhattansociety.com/MichaelTowne.html

are good wine stores in the area. http://www.heightschateau.com/

Archived