Deep Sea Fishing

Cupcrazy

We are wanting to go deep sea fishing on our upcoming cruise in October. Does anyone have experience doing this in Cozumel? Did you book through the cruise line or did you go rogue? If you didn't book through the cruise was it good? How much was it and do you have contact info? Royal Caribbean is offering this for $153 per person up to 6 people. That's over $900 for 6. I'm sure we could go locally for much cheaper. Any help will be most appreciated.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do?sourcePage=shorexByPort&ProductCode=CZB3&DestinationCode=

My son and I took the tour thru carnival cruise line and wouldn't do it again. Most say they do it with 6 people, so that means you are in the seat in 15 minute intervals. Only the person in the seat can catch and reel in a fish. It takes 45 minutes to get to the other side of the island, you fish for 2 1/2 hours and then go back. With the six guys, we had only about 2-3 times in the chair and by luck, it WASN'T when we were in it. 3 fish (mahi) were caught. So we paid almost $500 to watch three other catch fish. Next time I would just pay the $600 to charter my own boat out.

We have narrowed our choices down to 2 private companies.

Cozumel Charters -

http://www.fishingcozumel.net/deep-sea-fishing.htm

TRES HERMANOS - http://www.cozumelfishing.com/

Both are $350 for 4 hours & $400 for 6 hours. We are looking at doing the 6 hour trip. When I did this in Cuba we all sat around on the boat drinking and when we heard one of the lines go out, the person who's turn it was would jump into the seat to real in the catch.

• 2 months later...
We have narrowed our choices down to 2 private companies.

Cozumel Charters -

http://www.fishingcozumel.net/deep-sea-fishing.htm

TRES HERMANOS - http://www.cozumelfishing.com/

Both are $350 for 4 hours & $400 for 6 hours. We are looking at doing the 6 hour trip. When I did this in Cuba we all sat around on the boat drinking and when we heard one of the lines go out, the person who's turn it was would jump into the seat to real in the catch.

Please let me know what you ended up booking and how it went for you. I am looking at these same 2 options and would love your feedback. Thanks so much!!:D

• 2 weeks later...
Please let me know what you ended up booking and how it went for you. I am looking at these same 2 options and would love your feedback. Thanks so much!!:D

We ended up booking with Tres Hermanos. We did the 6 hour trip for $400. When I get back in October I'll respond again with how it went. I'll also be posting a review in the Royal Caribbean forum

We ended up booking with Tres Hermanos. We did the 6 hour trip for $400. When I get back in October I'll respond again with how it went. I'll also be posting a review in the Royal Caribbean forum

Thank you! I appreciate the info and look forward to hearing how your fishing trip went!! Have a GREAT time!

Blessings to you...

Amy

• 1 month later...

Hi Amy,

I just finished writing my review in the Royal Caribbean forum.

I'll post here what I wrote on TA. If you follow my review I'll be posting more pictures.

This was a fantastic excursion. We were in Cozumel for the day while on a cruise, Oasis of the Seas. After lots of research of different companies we decided to book with Tres Hermanos. 6 hour trip for $400. $100 was paid as a deposit via PayPal when booked and the remaining $300 was due in cash upon arrival. I have previously been deep sea fishing twice in Cuba but those 2 times were 4 hours and that didn't feel like it was enough. We booked the 6 hour trip as the ship was in port for 11 hours.Emailing with Oscar before booking was great. He was very quick with responses and answered all questions with great info.

The ship arrived in Cozumel at 8am and we were told to meet at Marina Puerto de Abrigo 1 hour later. We took a cab from the "International Pier" which took about 10 minutes and was a flat rate of $15 plus tip. Oscar met us at the pier and introduced us to the 3 crew members who would be joining us on the trip. Jose (captain), Roberto & Adrian. The guys were great and were explaining about what fish were in the area, the reef we were on top of and other interesting info about Cozumel & fishing there. On the boat they had beer, coke, diet coke & water to drink along with lots of watermelon. It was all included in the original price of the excursion. FYI... the boat does have a toilet. I was able to plug my iPod in and play music along the way. If I knew that, I would have created a playlist instead of hitting shuffle and hearing the Celine Dion song from Titanic while we were a couple hours out. That was pretty funny. We ended up catching 10 Barracuda which we thought was great. Before we got back to the marina, as we were passing all the resorts, we were able to jump in the warm turquoise water.

When we got back to the Marina Oscar had said that was a lot of fish (more than normal) and had hoped we caught other kinds. For us it didn't matter as long as we were catching fish. We were offered the fish to take with us, but being on a cruise we couldn't take the them. If you're staying at a resort on the island you can bring the fish with you and they will cook it there. I assume they ate pretty well that night.

Overall we had an amazing time and thank Oscar and the guys for the great day. I would truly recommend Tres Hermanos to anyone wanting to go Deep Sea fishing in Cozumel.

IMG_1281_zps91c61bc3.jpg

IMG_1295_zpsf747f7af.jpg

IMG_1293_zps3a58cd1c.jpg

IMG_1403_zpsac9e1677.jpg

IMG_1409_zps140b235c.jpg

Archived