Berlin Tours

• 2 months later...
Recommendations? Anyone?

I was on X Constellation in 2008. We took the ship tour with the train which took us to waiting busses. Although it was a bit expensive, it was well worth the price considering everything you get to see, lunch, transportation, etc. Since the city is so far away from the port, I would stay with the ship's tour. I do a majority of private tours in Europe but I wouldn't chance missing the ship. Hope this helps.

The following is based on research and not first-hand experience since I am planning a trip or an excursion to, but have not yet visited, Berlin.

The SPB tour companies offer day excursions from Warnemunde and generally receive very high marks.

In addition to those companies, there are Berlin tour guides who are a bit more expensive but receive super reviews. Heidi Leyton has been noted. Jeremy Minsberg, "Mr. Berlin," receives outstanding ratings on Tripadvisor. There is also Lee Evans with ship2shore. Simply Google their names for their websites and reviews.

We're a year out, but have booked a private tour with Jeremy Minsberg for our day trip to Berlin. After reading mixed reviews for using the St Petersburg tour companies in other ports, we decided to book independently. Jeremy has been very responsive and we'll be working together to create a custom tour. His setup is similar to Heidi's, which was described recently on another Berlin Tours thread.

I am also a year away. I was hoping to visit Berlin before the cruise, but it no longer appears that I can leave as early as I had wanted.

I have had communications with Mr. Minsberg, who has always responded promptly to my emails. I do not know whether under the website's rules, I can list his website. But you can easily Google it, and he does have a YouTube video.

On the other Berlin tour thread referenced above, there is a discussion of the fee structure for Ms. Leyton, which seems to be the same for Mr. Minsberg.

Archived