Please watch your childen ALWAYS

BlueSkySailing

It is sad but this type of attack can happen anywhere at anytime. Hotel elevators, store bathrooms, just anywhere.

I have read many reports on other lines of similar attacks , just like we read about then in our own neighborhoods.

I am grateful he didn't persue it further.

It is sad but this type of attack can happen anywhere at anytime. Hotel elevators, store bathrooms, just anywhere.

I have read many reports on other lines of similar attacks , just like we read about then in our own neighborhoods.

I am grateful he didn't persue it further.

Yes, it is sad, and these attacks do happen anywhere and anytime. The issue I have is the way Disney handled the situation and the cover-up. People want to know that if something happens on a cruise, the cruiseline will do what is right. What the article didn't say was that they put the employee on a plane back to India rather than hold him for the local authorities. This information was on the 11 pm news last night. Also, because Disney is "geared" toward children, not to mention their reputation as being "family-friendly", they are held to a higher standard (by the public) than other cruiselines. :(

I may not agree with how Disney handled it. But that isn't why I posted it. I hope that parents watch the video and do understand that you just can't let your children out of you sight. You may be on vacation but people out to do harm aren't. Living in Florida having worked in hospitality. People on vacation really do get a false sence of security.

I may not agree with how Disney handled it. But that isn't why I posted it. I hope that parents watch the video and do understand that you just can't let your children out of you sight. You may be on vacation but people out to do harm aren't. Living in Florida having worked in hospitality. People on vacation really do get a false sence of security.

I agree. People who do not watch their children on vacation, do not watch them at home either. However, the girl is 11years old and does not need to be watched as closely as a small child. No one knows why or how long the girl was left alone.

"Grateful he didn't persue it further"? How low can you possibly set the bar? :mad:

There can't even be a question of 'grateful' here. That implies, "It wasn't that bad. After all, she didn't get raped." We're talking about an 11 year old here.

It's a crime. I'm a huge fan of Disney, but in this case they have a lot to answer for. There is no excuse for what they've done.

Disney insists we can trust them with our precious children, but they certainly put their own needs before this little girls's needs. It begs the question: is protecting their own intrests above the children they're entrusted with their something they'll do if it's MY child?

I'm going to err on the side of caution and say, yes, it certianly looks like it could be.

There can't even be a question of 'grateful' here. That implies, "It wasn't that bad. After all, she didn't get raped." We're talking about an 11 year old here.

If you read my post on another thread, this was essentially the attitude of the Brevard County prosecutor's office when my young teen daughter was "felt up" by a guest while on the Magic. We were VERY pleased with the response from DCL, but there was no follow through from the authorities. True, my daughter was not 11, but she also was not the only guest who reported this guest! (which we learned later). At the time she reported the actions to a CM, DCL security was already well aware of the individual and had taken some actions against him for other issues!

DCL's actions were to place a security detail on my daughter for the remainder of the cruise and to place the young man and his family on a list of people who can never book a DCL cruise again.

Bottom line--yes, watch your kids. But I wouldn't have hesitated to let an 11 year old ride an elevator alone. What IS odd is that normally, non-officers on DCL do not ride guest elevators. The very fact that this individual was on the elevator is very suspicious.

Archived