May 21st will we actually find out anything today ?

Pretty much my thoughts too.

Agree totally. Folks will be on the phone and book at whatever price....and then some (maybe a few, maybe a lot) will cancel when full payment is due. We did the inaugural on FR and inaugural on OA and had hoped to make this #3. However, RC is not making it very enticing for us. We aren't crazy for the itinerary....whatever it is! (of the ones "listed" for now) No pricing to decide ahead of time on date/cabin category. No tier booking so 5/28 will be ridiculous. We will be onboard so will be taking up more of the LA's time than we normally would....if we can even get an appointment. Normally we walk up and say we want this ship, this date, and this cabin or this cabin and then we are out of there in 5 minutes. This booking will take a lot longer....if we decide to even try! If we don't do inaugural will probably wit until summer 2016 to sail her. Too many other ships to choose from to go through all of ths aggravation.

Like you Ski I too wanted to make this inaugural #3 of three different class of ships but I too am loosing interest. Really do not know what I will do now. Want to sail on this ship maybe the first one to Bermuda or wait til the Anthem inaugural.

On May the 28th you can both relay your findings to us all. I ask again, when was the last time a RCCL ship had an inaugural TA with paying passengers? Nearly a decade ago.

Are you referring to Royal Caribbean or RCCL (which would include Celebrity) ?

Just got a flyer from Rci saying, be the first to book Quantum. Booking starts 2pm, 28th May. C & A gets first chance.

Ah you got the email...you must be the first in UK who did :D

Yes C&A members get first chance...now how many C&A members are there nowadays I wonder? :confused:

Why oh why did they do away with the tier system this time :eek:

Limited guests means not sailing full.....they did the same for Oasis Inaugural...they restricted the amount of cabins they sold.

Did Oasis have a paying passenger Inaugural TA? This point seems to be overlooked in the hopes it will not be repeated. I wish you well but you will be disappointed.

Yes C&A members get first chance...now how many C&A members are there nowadays I wonder? :confused:

7 million at last count.:p

Did Oasis have a paying passenger Inaugural TA? This point seems to be overlooked in the hopes it will not be repeated. I wish you well but you will be disappointed.

No Oasis did not have an Inaugural TA...neither did Allure but that has nothing to do with Quantum. They are different types of ships anyway, they are more open, completely different to the Quantum Class.

Quantum of the Seas will be doing her Transatlantic Inaugural on 2nd Nov 2014 and I will be on her as a paying guest :D

No Oasis did not have an Inaugural TA...neither did Allure but that has nothing to do with Quantum. They are different types of ships anyway, they are more open, completely different to the Quantum Class.

Quantum of the Seas will be doing her Transatlantic Inaugural on 2nd Nov 2014 and I will be on her as a paying guest :D

Did any of the three Freedom class ships have a paying inaugural TA ?

I am not trying to be argumentative; simply stating the obvious fact that this will not happen.

Words to the wise: book the actual inaugural with paying guests on it in late November.

Hey All,

I am just as frustrated as you all are. I though we would have some pricing information about the various itineraries and cabins today. As we were all anxiously awaiting that today. RCI is making us all crazy! :eek: I will be on board Freedom of the Seas starting May 26th. I will make my appointment with the vacation planner for May 28th and hope they have more information by that point. So nerve-wracking, come RCI get your act together. :cool: We want our QOS information! Hahahaha!!!

Did any of the three Freedom class ships have a paying inaugural TA ?

I am not trying to be argumentative; simply stating the obvious fact that this will not happen.

Words to the wise: book the actual inaugural with paying guests on it in late November.

The Freedom class ships, like the Oasis Class were built at a different shipyard than Quantum.

Quantum is being built at the same shipyard as Celebrity Reflection which incidently did an Inaugural Transatlantic last year with paying guests.

Well, if it helps, I can promise it won't be over 6,999,998 since neither my wife or I will be calling in on the 28th.:);)

Count us out too, even though I'm a C&A Member :D there is no way I'm fighting the masses on the 28th to book something in 2015. I'll wait until I can see the itineraries, the different cabin configurations, location, various dates and prices. There is no way I can do all that over the phone, nor do I want to tie up the line to someone looking to book the transatlantic or inaugural.

Someone mentioned booking online, I'm all for that, would prefer that rather than talk it out on the phone with a rep, do you think they'll have online pricing on the 28th for C&A members?

In the meantime, someone else can have my place in line

No offense in the least to you but please don't bet on it. You will be sadly disappointed... There will be no paying customers on this sailing. When was the last inaugural RCCL TA with paying customers? Nearly a decade ago. It simply won't happen. Feel free to post your experience on trying to book it so we can all know for certain.

Per Janet on FB- who was in on the webinar today:

They are saying pricing wont be up until the 28th but there will be a press release tomorrow with the itineraries. The November 23rd sailing is officially going to be its inaugural sailing but they are definitely doing the transatlantic sailing

found this posted here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1848407

Hey All,

I am just as frustrated as you all are. I though we would have some pricing information about the various itineraries and cabins today. As we were all anxiously awaiting that today. RCI is making us all crazy! :eek: I will be on board Freedom of the Seas starting May 26th. I will make my appointment with the vacation planner for May 28th and hope they have more information by that point. So nerve-wracking, come RCI get your act together. :cool: We want our QOS information! Hahahaha!!!

This will make it much easier for you to get info and/or book on May 28. We were on the Allure when the Oasis TAs became available. We were able to get the LA to open the future booking office at 7 am and had immediate access, via his computer, to booking and pricing while so many others were trying to get through by phone. By 7:20 am we had the exact rooms we wanted and were off to breakfast.

This will make it much easier for you to get info and/or book on May 28. We were on the Allure when the Oasis TAs became available. We were able to get the LA to open the future booking office at 7 am and had immediate access, via his computer, to booking and pricing while so many others were trying to get through by phone. By 7:20 am we had the exact rooms we wanted and were off to breakfast.

You just made my day, thanks so much! My thinking is booking with the LA will allow me to ask them questions about the cabin types and itineraries with hopefully looking at on their computers sametime. So cool! Happy Cruising!!! :D

Awesome! How lucky that you were on board for that.

And that's if it the ITIN's are loaded into the system at that time, On a separate note, no automated bookings will be allowed until 6/4/13 as per RCCl. T/A's will also have to phone RCCL, as per 2 of my T/A's. it's shaping up to be a free for all Tuesday for RCCL.

8774273112_ae7ac7e64a_z.jpg

Quantam by bigeck40,

Sorry about delay, Flickr was down

And that's if it the ITIN's are loaded into the system at that time, On a separate note, no automated bookings will be allowed until 6/4/13 as per RCCl. T/A's will also have to phone RCCL, as per 2 of my T/A's. it's shaping up to be a free for all Tuesday for RCCL.

This is crazy Ken. It's going to be total utter chaos for sure. I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of angry people on the boards that day. Oh boy, let the fun begin! :eek:

Ken, that doesn't affect LA's on board ships does it?? The only way they can book is through the computer.

This is crazy Ken. It's going to be total utter chaos for sure. I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of angry people on the boards that day. Oh boy, let the fun begin! :eek:

I Had a bad experience on the EXOS during opening day trying to book the EXOS for a future

Sailing. The dates were not loaded in at the time of the appointment. I emailed my T/A from

The ship to book the sailing. Yes, Tuesday should be quite a challenge :)

Archived