Photo Tour of the Breakaway - May 2013

Hello Pictures are amazing once again, but i do have a question. As far as the main dining restaurants went how did you feel it was in terms of wait times to eat dinner? Would you suggest a "best time" to show up to the mdr in order to get seated quickly? I plan on doing 3-4 specialty restaurants but on the couple days i don't i was hoping for some insight. Thanks Again very much in advance :)

Hello Pictures are amazing once again, but i do have a question. As far as the main dining restaurants went how did you feel it was in terms of wait times to eat dinner? Would you suggest a "best time" to show up to the mdr in order to get seated quickly? I plan on doing 3-4 specialty restaurants but on the couple days i don't i was hoping for some insight. Thanks Again very much in advance :)

I would hazard a guess that it is not dramatically different than other ships. There is always a queue at 5:30 when they open, and then a wait during prime times.

I believe we had a 5-10 min or so wait at 6:30 for the Manhattan Room.

I would hazard a guess that it is not dramatically different than other ships. There is always a queue at 5:30 when they open, and then a wait during prime times.

Oh ok that is not bad at all. We did the Star last May and going up to the size of this ship i was just unsure. But 5-10 minutes is not bad at all. Thank You for your quick response

Oh ok that is not bad at all. We did the Star last May and going up to the size of this ship i was just unsure. But 5-10 minutes is not bad at all. Thank You for your quick response

I am sure if others had a less satisfactory experience, they will chime in... :D

...but, with 3 Main Dining rooms, and so many specialty venues, I think the load was distributed well. Plus, I was amazed at how many folks I spoke to that had their dinners up in the Garden Cafe.

Wow, I was on the Breakaway and didn't get to see this much...lol Fantastic photos!

Dinner and wait times. We ate at both Taste and Savor which are across the hall from each other. Based on that you could decide which had the least wait time. Actually we ate about 7:00 and it was a decision between a two minute wait time or a five minute wait time, really a non issue.

Hi Michele... no, i did not go on the Cabin Crawl. I'd be curious as well, since that could be my next target cabin. :cool:

If we don't see pictures before June 9th, I'll take them we're on deck 14.

Pat :)

Great pictorial review. We sail in 11 days!

Thanks in advance for scanning the dailies this weekend. :D

Two silly questions:

1) Did you see the ping-pong tables? Were they located in a relatively shielded area? Ping pong is no fun in the wind.

2) Did they have adults only sports tourneys on the sport court?

Great pictorial review. We sail in 11 days!

Thanks in advance for scanning the dailies this weekend. :D

Two silly questions:

1) Did you see the ping-pong tables? Were they located in a relatively shielded area? Ping pong is no fun in the wind.

2) Did they have adults only sports tourneys on the sport court?

Not silly at all. :p

They had g-r-e-a-t ping pong tables in a perfect location...

Just outside the Forward Elevator on Deck 15.

Two tables on each side, fully enclosed from the wind on three sides. You will be happy!

8776045592_def97a073b_b.jpg

As far as the Sports Tourneys, we will see if I scan the dailies. I am sure they did.

Thanks so much for great photos. My husband and I are sailing in August. I have not been able to tell from have photos but is there a pool in the have and is there an outdoor area or just. The covered area? We are trying to decide whether we should buy access to vibe or whether we will have what we need I the haven. Thanks!

Thanks so much for great photos. My husband and I are sailing in August. I have not been able to tell from have photos but is there a pool in the have and is there an outdoor area or just. The covered area? We are trying to decide whether we should buy access to vibe or whether we will have what we need I the haven. Thanks!

This is the only pool in the Haven... with the somewhat goofy loungers in the water...and a plounge pool in the rear. There are also two Hot Tubs in the Haven.

8764490461_54277208bd_b.jpg

Above this area, on Deck 17, there is a private Haven-only sundeck, just forward of Vibe....with loungers and sunbeds.

Wow, I was on the Breakaway and didn't get to see this much...lol Fantastic photos!

Dinner and wait times. We ate at both Taste and Savor which are across the hall from each other. Based on that you could decide which had the least wait time. Actually we ate about 7:00 and it was a decision between a two minute wait time or a five minute wait time, really a non issue.

Thank You!

Not silly at all. :p

They had g-r-e-a-t ping pong tables in a perfect location...

Just outside the Forward Elevator on Deck 15.

Two tables on each side, fully enclosed from the wind on three sides. You will be happy!

8776045592_def97a073b_b.jpg

As far as the Sports Tourneys, we will see if I scan the dailies. I am sure they did.

Fantastic! Thanks a bunch. I will have to bring my paddle. :cool:

This was really awesome!! Did you get the unlimited beverage package and if so can you share details/tips/pros/cons?

Thanks.

Thanks. Yes, we did.

Sign up at the Atrium Bar... they put a special UB sticker on your cruise cards.

Good for any drink that is less than $9.50 on the menu....soda included.

It is not valid for specialty coffees and sparkling bottled water.

You do sign a chit for every drink; the waiter writes UB or UBP on their slip. Apparently the drink gets debited then credited on your account, so they can account for the gratuity to the waiter (my guess).

It was painless and a delight. Although you cannot get a bottle of wine at dinner, a simple request to the waiter that we really don't want to see this glass ever empty (:p) worked wonders and was the same as having a bottle.

The Haven pool is very tiny. If you picture a bigger pool, the space would be better. Not complaining just observing. Chairs in water are nice but to take up so much pool space for 6 chairs is not a good use of space. Maybe Getaway will change things up.

So happy to read this good news.

Thank you again for your amazing pictures! I can't wait for my Breakaway cruise!:D

Thanks for all the great photos!

What did you think of the spa on Breakaway? Does it have ocean-view saunas like the spa on Epic? Was it crowded?

The sauna was co-ed, in the middle of the main thermal suite area, with entrance door behind the thermal tile loungers....No windows. :(

Same for the steam room and salt room...

The pool was very nice...a separate 'compartment' for big-time bubbles was fun.

Wall-mounted massage jets throughout the pool.

Archived