Bus Tour of Key West ??

gambler

They must have been speaking of the "Bone Island Shuttle" which is air conditioned; but is not a tour; rather the local public transportation which pretty much covers the island. You can ride all day for that price.

Mike

There is a trolly tour and a "conch train" tour. If it is an island tour you want, I suggest the conch train, though it is pricey. The Tour guide who drives the open air train, tells you much of the local history as he drives you around Key West and also points out interesting architecture and vegetation. I think the tour lasts about an hour and a half, rain or shine. There is a fifteen minute break during the tour at a tourist trap place. Other than that, the train does not stop at any of the sights for you to explore or take photos. Better be fast with your camera is you pass an interesting sight.

The conch train starts near the ship wreck "historium." My husband and I like to take it, even though we have done it several times, when we are hot and tired out from the stifling Key West heat and humidity. It is a good way to relax.

Archived